Need extra motivation

Options
I'm usually pretty good about unnecessary snacking. I normally prefer fruits and water during the day but the last couple of days I have been REALLY craving candy, sweets and especially chocolate. It not that it really tastes good to me either, but I feel like I need my fix. How do you motivate yourself to keep going?

Replies

• Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Try eating a fiber bar....you feel like it is a candy bar....but a little better for you!! and it's like 90 to 140 calories. Kellogg's has one that is like a somas...and only 120 calories!! Yummy

2639362.png
  • LilBrat71
    LilBrat71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

To be completely honest, all I do is think about how long I have to stay on the elliptical machine to burn those calories. My craving usually subsides once I think of how hard it really is to work off those calories.

I have also found Whittmans Weight Watchers Chocolates. They are about 50 cal a piece and are perfect for that craving every once in a while. My favorite are the Toffee Squares, Chocolate with Coconut and Pecan Squares.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    they say sometimes its good to give in a lil bit to the cravings. when i get cravings for chocolate, which is very rare anymore, i either eat dark chocolate which is better for u, or a 100 cal snack pack pudding, or like the above said... fiber one bars are AMAZING! my prob is salty! i crave salt. my sodium used to be THRU THE ROOF!!! now i settle for 100 cal popcorn and it usually curbs the cravings. best of luck!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep working at it. After awhile, sweets loose their luster and you can even get disgusted from them.

Just snack on something healthy and it will fall together. (I like 4-5 baby carrots an hour.)
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The Weight Watchers Chocolate has already been mentioned but I've got to second them because they are calorie conscious sweets that actually taste sweet and really help to settle that candy craving. Give them a try, I bet you'll like them!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i eat it.

seriously..i get cookie cravings..and i just eat them..it makes it worse if you constantly deny yourself. there is nothing wrong with eating bad every blue moon..after all whats the point of being healthy if you cant enjoy your life.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    For my chocolate cravings I try nutella on toast or a cup of hot chocolate. I hope this helps!!
  • zundelag
    zundelag Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help. I should have mentioned I'm gluten free, but I bet I could find some fiber bars out there that I can have too. I'll just have to watch the calories in them. Panjiki, you are right, sweets do loose their appeal when you don't eat them for a while, and I don't usually like them. I think the snack monster was attacking and I wasn't dealing with it very well. Again, I will try some of your tips where I can.