Water

Options
I never really believed that drinking water would make so much difference.....I drink coffee (which has water) I drink juice (which has water)....but since joining mfp I have tried to stick to 8 glasses of water (only water) and quite often go beyond that!

Today, due to commitments at work, I didn't get chance for a drink of water until lunch time, I had coffee, but no water. Jeeez, I have been sssoooo hungry all morning!! Had my lunch (which didn't anywhere near fill me) but then followed it with plenty of water. Hey presto, my afternoon was fine and wasn't that hungry at all.

Has anyone else found a big difference with drinking water? I also find that nothing else really quenches my thirst anymore!

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am the same way!!! My sister bought me this plastic cup with a cover that has a straw (Walmart) and I find that I drink lots more... I keep it at work and I bought one from home.... so now I notice if I don't drink water I get headaches!! And I feel bloated! What a difference water can make!!!! got to love it!
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes, I definitely notice it if I don't drink enough water! I also have a cup with a straw from Tupperware that pretty much goes everywhere with me!
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I can't stand water! Hate it, hate it, hate it! BUT - since joining MFP I have tried very hard to up my water intake. During my workout I'm chugging water like crazy! And I too hate to admit it, but geesh, I feel so much better! Less bloated, less hungry and more energetic!
  • kkimora26
    Options
    Me too! I freak out if I don't have my water bottle with me at ALL TIMES!! lol I was avery heavy juice and soda drinker...I would honestly drink a 96oz jug of juice within like hours :blushing: (bad I know. but now you can't pay me to drink anything else. It's either plan water or water with lemon juice. Nothing else, I've also noticed it curbs my sugar cravings.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started drinking water, I don't drink anything else. Same as you, nothing else quenches my thirst like water does. I also put on Cyrstal Light or Propel in my water too just to add some kick to my water. I feel much better when I drink lots of water. Less hungry and if I do feel hungry I just drink some more water and I feel better. Beats eating a chocolate bar or something else unhealthy!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love my water now.....went from drinking 0 glasses a day (literally i lived on pop, slurpees etc) to drinking 4-5 litres a day. I crave it now.
  • fatlass70
    fatlass70 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Funnily enough just been chatting with another MFP'er about the benefits of water. This week I have significantly upped my water drinking and so far my energy levels are up despite having had 2 rubbish nights sleep as the kids have been poorly. I feel more alert and also less hungry if I drink water throughout my day.

Hoping the scales will show the benefit next Monday.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i've also noticed that when I don't drink enough water during the day that it DOES affect my workouts! I'm more larthargic, things move more slower, I'm struggling to do my sets!!

I also have gotten to the point I immediately notice when i'm swollen from not drinking enough water!! My ankles become cankles!!

Crazy right!?!
  • lissababe
    lissababe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Water is great for so many things. I recently read in a magazine that women especially should drink lots of water because it flushes out toxins that cause celluite! Eeeek!! I recommend a 32oz camelbak waterbottle helps me drink so much more in the day.
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    Wow, this has actually opened my eyes up. I drink quite a bit of coffee and tea during the day and have about 4 glasses of water, only because I find it boring.. But after your comments and some of the responses - I just want to say thank you.. Certainly made me understand a bit more about drinking water and the effects it has..Hunger is one thing I notice during the day, as I only tend to drink water when i get back from work in the evening.. Glad I stumbled across this question now :)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    water a def thumbs up 4 me, has stopped me snacking and definitely has almost gt rid of my cellulite lol:smile:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Love my water, had two gallons just today. Helps with water weight and bloat soooo much =]
  • jesinsocal
    Options
    I am so glad to see that there are other people out there that cant stand water. I had such a hard time starting to drink water, but now that I do I feel dehydrated easily if I dont sip on it all the time. I always add lemon to it though, I dont notice it feeling me up though but I started working out the same time I started drinking tons of water so that could be why.
  • LuLu60649
    Options
    Completely! I love water! The best way to go. Also I find that if I drink a glass 30 minutes before my meal, I am satisfied with less portions! :) Try it out!
  • LuLu60649
    Options
    Say what...it helps with cellulite? I thought only exercise and toning could help!
  • ladyphoebe
    ladyphoebe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have often found that if I'm sitting at home and thinking man I could use a snack its really my body telling me im dehydrated. If I stop and drink a big glass of water I generally dont want that snack any more. I just need to start listening to my body more often. :)
  • thebamboophoenix
    thebamboophoenix Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Water is AMAZING - and I am lucky enough to live somewhere that the tap water is delicious!
    I have given up tea and coffee for Lent, and drink extra water to substitute and I feel brilliant for it. I don't drink fizzy drinks or anything, as they just don't do it for me.
    Water is definitely the way to go... :o)