iTabata Iphone App <3

Options
I purchased the iTabata application on my iPhone-EVERYONE needs this! You can take your playlist from your Ipod and convert it into a personal Tabata timer. It will play a different song from your playlist (you can make your own playlist with certain songs that pump you up) 20 seconds change song 10 seconds change song 20 seconds change. etc. I have been plugging my Iphone into a stereo system at the gym and doing Tabatas from it-cranking it up it gets you pumped wayyy more than a regular 4...3....2...1.. GO! Timer. I have even had people come in and join me and we are all addicted. So if you have an Iphone and you are interested in Tabata workouts-this is a must have! It has changed my workout tremendously!

Replies

• depri
    depri Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like the sound of that. I'll keep that in mind and check it out. :smile:

Can help me time my rest periods between sets. Me and my lifting partner usually just kinda wing the 1-2min rest periods with chit-chat, and guesstimate it. :laugh:

Really glad you shared this! And good job on your weight loss so far, and good luck with the rest!
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks-I hate having that silence as well. I just bust out laughing most of the time cuz Im panting so hard lol. And your welcome!
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    Tabata workouts can be brutal! Quite effective though, particularly as part of HIIT workouts.

Thanks for sharing the app.
  • depri
    depri Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks-I hate having that silence as well. I just bust out laughing most of the time cuz Im panting so hard lol. And your welcome!

:laugh:

My lifting partner usually brings his iPod (or we'll plug in my iPhone on rare occasions...I kinda prefer my phone to stay IN MY POCKET. Not on a counter away from me :tongue: ) and we'll play one of his playlists, as long as nobody else has nothing specific they want to play over the stereo.

And I completely agree, those moments with NO music feels quite odd. I have to have some type of music going (with a good beat) to keep me pumped. :happy:

But my playlists really come in handy when I do cardio after my workouts. I can't stand doing cardio :grumble:, but I know it must be done.