Sketchers tone ups

Options
Has anyone got them and do you really think they work? I have had some for about 3months now and they are the most comfortable trainers I've ever owned I've lost 12lb since then and have noticed my thunder thighs have got a bit smaller. The thing is I've been walking a lot more so that could be the reason for that.

so my question is do you believe that a pair of trainers can really tone your legs or make you lose weight?

Replies

• themsbauer
    themsbauer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I THINK THEY CAN BUT YOU SHOULDT WEAR THEM FOR MORE THAN A FEW HOURS A DAY. I HAVE HEARD IT CAN BE DAMAGING TO YOUR FEET
  • dragonz11
    dragonz11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I THINK THEY CAN BUT YOU SHOULDT WEAR THEM FOR MORE THAN A FEW HOURS A DAY. I HAVE HEARD IT CAN BE DAMAGING TO YOUR FEET
    i wear mine all day every day for the last yr and my feet are fine no pains what so ever

i have 2 pair and love them to bits i dont think id buy anything eles now LOL,i also think they help ive lost 5kgs and u can feel it in my legs when im walking in them
  • CristineD
    CristineD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Reebok Easytones that I wear when I go grocery shopping or on Friday's when I powerwalk with a friend. I can definitely feel the burn, especially on a Friday when we set a pretty fast pace. I love mine. Would love a pair of the flip flop ones and slippers so that I could live in them. People have definitely complimented on the shrinkage in the thigh area and I've had a baby in the last 3 months :) I'm recommending them to anyone I can... :)

Am concerned though that they can damage your feet if you wear them too long! Can see the logic though cos my toes tingle after a while, I think from having to help keep me balanced.... :-/
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    i didnt know that they are the only shoes I own. They aren't the ones with the heal missing they are the pod ones if you know what I mean?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/127284-bad-news-for-shape-ups?hl=shape+ups#posts-1727649

I don't believe in the hype. I do believe in a good pair of shoes. you will walk further and more if you are comfortable.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I think they look silly. But hey... to each their own. :smile:
  • themsbauer
    themsbauer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    IM NOT SAYING THAT I BELIEVE IN THAT THEY CAN HURT YOUR FEET IN THE LONG RUN. ITS JUST WHAT I HEARD. I WANT TO GET A PAIR EITHER WAY. THEY SEEM AWESOME
  • FatMungki
    FatMungki Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have had lifelong terrible back and neck problems. I actually bought these shoes as they put me in the correct posture to relieve my back pain. I don't strain or try, it just aligns everything correctly and naturally. Originally I got them for a job that required me to stand for 10 hours a shift. They are great and no back pain. Sometimes my feet get a little stiff on the sole, but that's probably because I also have totally flat feet.
    I work out everyday, and they are great at the gym for everything from weightlifting to the elliptical to the treadmill. I'm a believer! Everyone teases me because they are unwieldy looking but strangers come up to me all the time to ask if they really work. Relieves back pain, great for exercising, and gives a little extra boost to running around for errands.
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of the tone ups and the shape ups. I wear the shapeups at work and they are very comfortable for me especially for the last three hours on my shift, im costantly on my feet. But for the gym i use the tone ups especially when i'm on the eliptical machines they are more comfotable than the shape ups also when I'm walking outside on uneven ground. When i'm walking on the track I use the shape ups. I think its what your most comfotable in some people cant even wear them. i used to wear Nike shox only but now all I wear are the Skechers. I also noticed my back dose not hurt anymore since i started wearing them.Some people think they work some dont. But for me i like them.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Reebok Easytones that I wear when I go grocery shopping or on Friday's when I powerwalk with a friend. I can definitely feel the burn, especially on a Friday when we set a pretty fast pace. I love mine. Would love a pair of the flip flop ones and slippers so that I could live in them. People have definitely complimented on the shrinkage in the thigh area and I've had a baby in the last 3 months :) I'm recommending them to anyone I can... :)

Am concerned though that they can damage your feet if you wear them too long! Can see the logic though cos my toes tingle after a while, I think from having to help keep me balanced.... :-/

ugh..these things just perpetuate the myth you can spot reduce fat..you cant! and all toning means is losing fat to see muscle definition. you cant gain muscle while losing fat. its phisologically impossible.
  • katzpawz
    katzpawz Posts: 754
    Options
    I was seeing a podiatrist for an Achilles tendon injury. I asked him about MBT's, Sketchers Shape-ups, etc. He said he is seeing a lot foot/ankle/calf problems due to those types of shoes. My injury was a re-currence of an older injury and was not related to that type of shoe. He said that the way those shoes alter the natural gait puts strain on the ligament/tendons in the foot/ankle and calf. His recommendation was to always wear proper fitting shoes that allow for a natural stride/gait. Just thought I'd pass this along.