a serious over eater looking to change her wicked ways!!

Options
hello everyone, my name is carrie and ive had a weight issue since i can remember. i can diet and get the weight off, but i cant maintain... its driving me nuts. my problem is i do faddy crash diets and stick 100% to them then there is no guidance on how to eat "normally" and my habits are not getting resolved so i gain 1st-2st in a matter of months. disgusting, i know. so im doing healthy eating and excersize ( the good ol fashioned way) and even if it takes longer i dont care, it gives me time to sort this ridiculous relationship with food. i was once told i have an addictive personality which is so true. when im "dieting" i dont cheat at all but when im bad im so so bad... GULP! id really appreciate some moral support and in return ill support and help you as best i can. take care. xx

Replies

• misskpdanut
    Options
    Hi my names kayleigh i am exactly the same .. feel free to add me .. we can both do it the old fashioned way :-) good luck
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I'm a terrible over eater too and would love to be friends, so add me if you'd like!!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    CONGATULATIONS ON TAKING THE FIRST STEP IN STARTING YOUR NEW HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!!!!!! First thing is you have the knowledge of what you are doing wrong, 2nd thing is you are one here!!!! What a great foundation you have to begin with.
    Leading a healthy lifestyle isnt about eating lettuce and nothing else its not about a fad or stopping everthing in your diet that is a 'bad' food, its about finding a balance, eating yummy food that is cooked the right way! And making the right choices! Good luck babe stick with it and you will reap the rewards xxx
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    I told someone the other day that I used to think about food all the time...now I think about food all the time in a different way. I think about how many calories are in a certain food before I eat it and I think about how much further I have in my weight loss journey till I reach my goal....then the thing is staying there! Its something to be done for the rest of my life. There is no quick fix!
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bit of advice from a former trainer - I FIRMLY believe that a lot of what people assume is 'bing' eating is eating from hunger. I found with my clients and myself that if they (or I) ate properly for just a few days cravings ceased. MFP is going to help you SO MUCH. What you are 'not' eating will be right in front of you. How many fruits and veggies, complex carbs, lean proteins, etc. Of course, we will be hungry if our fuel supply is short and of course we will crave highly caloric foods. That is a healthy body's response to starving. We could be eating 3000 calories a day and starving in a sense if the nutrients aren't there. You might be totally and happily surprised to find that you don't have any kind of problem with control once you are fueling your body properly.

Good luck, happy eating (fueling)!!!
  • ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds so familiar, i too can lose weight but cant maintain once i'm at my end goal :(

Good luck on your journey, if you need any help or support just shout!

Ceri x
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    This is a great site for encouragement and motivation. Feel free to add me as i ahve a lot of weight to lose also. I hate the word diet. For me I'm not on a diet. I just choose to eat healthier foods."Healthy Lifestyle Change" Diets are just fads. i use to do them too. WW Slim Fast you name it i did it lost the weight and gained it back. This site has helped me a lot in just the few weeks i've been on. Good Luck on your journey I'll be here for the ride!!
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am exactly the same, serious overeater when I want to be (which is most of the time! haha) feel free to add me if you want to :) x
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've been indenial about my weight for so long now. I used to be a fir trim size 10, weighed about 9 stone and looked great. I've not really took any notice of the weight piling on until now when I've reached a size 16 and am starting to burst out of that. I will not let myself get any bigger!

I used to be proud of my trim hour glass figure, now I have yuky strech marks the lot. Shame on me.

I don't actually know how much I weigh. I'm scared of the scales :-(
  • 1980carrie
    Options
    thank you so much ladies for your quick responses. i really feel im ready for this, ive ordered the 30 day shred and as soon as it comes im starting it, i find going to the gym difficult as its expensive and ive no childcare in holidays. i go running twice per week... well i say running but its more run/ brisk walk till i improve my fitness. i am however increasing my time running with each workout and have found my recovery time is improving dramatically with each "run". i do 5k on a wed and fri bit havent managed yesterday and wont 2moro as i have no childcare. the eldest wants to do it but the youngest would be off in the opp direction, then moan that hes tired.... so ill just have to wait till sun when my oh is off. its nice to have some sound advice. everytime i gain a couple of pounds back on i feel like such a failure that i comfort eat and before i know it im back to 8lbs on. i know how difficult it is to lose that 8lbs but its too easy to put back on. ive taken my measurements so am gonna try and stick with that, if i have a sts or a small gain ill remeasure.... thats the plan anyway. everyone heres to a great day!!! xx
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi carrie welcome and gd luck:flowerforyou: