New to all this...

Options
Hi all,

I'm Seb and in the UK, new here and thought it best to say hello being a polite young man and all that. Basically using MFP to track my calorie intake and having the android app makes it infinitely easier to keep track; I tried a book once. Eat the book.

Anyway, here for the same reasons as most, looking to shift some tonnage. I notice on here there appears to be a lot more female members than male, now I dunno if that's because women are more open to this kind of stuff or if it's 'more ok' for blokes to be overweight or something? So well done ladies. Suffice to say I don't think it's ok being a heavy bloke. It sucks and can be a bloody chore sometimes, hence being here and trying to do something about it.

Ok so goals:

Currently way too heavy, and wanting to get down to 75-80kg (although that may take a while; currently at 104.5kg) and using MFP to track progress (see aforementioned book eating incident).

I've started a blog that I hope to keep updated; although I'm normally a bit useless at that kind of thing, but if anyone fancies reading something to send them to sleep by all means give it a go.

Replies

• florabourne
    florabourne Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it all! male or female this place gives you what you need and that's support.
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm right with you dude, my sentiments exactly!
    Lets shift some bulk together and give the ladies a more trimmer "us" to look at
    :drinker:
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Seb! welcome to mfp! I have never eaten a book myself, cant imagine its great on digestion! Good luck on your weight loss and if you would like a friend feel free to add me :)
  • Seb83
    Seb83 Posts: 18
    Options
    Cheers guys! Feeling very welcome already :)

Oh and can I just say; the people that are brave enough to post progress pics - hat off to you! I don't think I'd ever do that, even once I'd reached my goal!!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    hi seb welcome and gd luck im in bristol:smile:
  • PaddyWhite
    PaddyWhite Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey Seb, Good Luck on your journey! All this has worked wonders for me and hope it will help you too! Cheers :)