minus minus aaaah minus

Options
This is really starting to annoy me. I have Morrisons Free From - Chocolate & Nut Cluster Cereal some mornings and it is 23 in sugar and that gives me 1g of sugar left over for the whole day. I eat a lot of fruit and veg and this makes my sugar most days MINUS!!!

I know I shouldn't eat the cereal but I know myself and if I deprive myself of the cereal later in the day I will eat cake, chocolate and probably the cereal anyway.

Does this matter that I am MINUS on days eating this cereal..... I don't eat it everyday.

I JUST HATE SEEING THE RED MINUS AAAH!

Also.... I am poor so my dad buys the cereal and thats what he usually gets so I have no choice. If I eat bread in the morning it bloats me out so that is not a option and there is no way i want to eat a poxy salad either.

That do i do? does it matter about the MINUS?!?!?

RANT OVER

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i have fruit and fibre and thats high compared to weetabix which i also have, i dont worrry about the minus when im eating that cause the fibre is essential i think anyway:smile:
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I think you are stressing too much but a good, healthy, cheep alternative is porridge with a few raisins thrown in :)
  • DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It's doing my head in! Totally freaking me out. I have to lose 31lbs by September 1st :(
  • 0plato0
    0plato0 Posts: 10
    Options
    I think the sugar calculations on this arn't very good. It says minus on mine after breakky to.. but having such a low daily sugar intake is unrealistic.

My other half is type 1 diabetic. He has to keep his sugar intake low anyway (when he's not excercising), but if he goes as low as is suggested on here he has a hypo.

Obviously keeping an eye on sugar levels is a good idea, and eating a lot is never good but I feel the recomended levels are just not realistic.

As long as its good sugar (fruit and what not) and ur not pumping yourself full of sweets I wouldn't worry about it.
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    Hey there.

The only thing mattering in the end, is a minus in cal's

You can see, that if your cal-intake is only of carbs, you will be hungry all the time. If your intake is mostly of protein, you won't be that hungry.
    So you CAN eat what ever you like. It will just have an influence on how you feel.

For example: I eat a lot of chicken and eggs. When my diet is based on high protein intake, I almost never feel hungry. But then there are days, when I just want a pizza, which has a very high part carbs, or just days when I want Kellog's Frosties ... sometimes I need them. And when ever I eat stuff like that, I will be hungry again VERY short after eating.

in the end what really matters is only the count of cal's you eat.
  • girbitta
    girbitta Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think you are stressing too much but a good, healthy, cheep alternative is porridge with a few raisins thrown in :)

I was just about to pointing this out myself! I have a outmeal with cinnamon and raisins every morning during the workdays but on the weekend I allow myself a toast with cheese :)
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The recommended daily amount of sugar for a woman is 90g so as long as you're under this then you'll still be under the RDA :smile: That's how I see it.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options

I was just about to pointing this out myself! I have a outmeal with cinnamon and raisins every morning during the workdays but on the weekend I allow myself a toast with cheese :)

I also have porridge with raisins, keeps me going until lunchtime!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    It's doing my head in! Totally freaking me out. I have to lose 31lbs by September 1st :(

That's about 1.5 lb a week - very realistic - you'll be fine, eat healthy, do some exercise, enjoy the process. Its really important that you keep this in perspective as once you've hit your target you want to be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Make your goal 'Happy and healthy' - for example go easy on yourself on one off things like parties or occasional nights out - be hard on yourself if you let it spill over into the rest of the week.

You will get loads of great support here: if you struggle with something (like what to eat for breakfast) ask for help before you get stressed :)
  • DaniiDean
    Options
    Thank you all.... I just want this so much and I am getting stressed easily but it is probably because I want this so much!
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am over on my sugar every day. Mainly it is from fruits and veggies, but some days I get so behind on my calorie intake that I treat myself to nutella on toast. I am always over on my protein too. As long as you are having a balanced diet within your calorie range you should be fine.
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I typically ignore the sugar number. The only thing that you want to avoid is large amounts of sugar by itself at the wrong times. For instance, a candy bar that is%50 sugar and %30 fat is going to cause an energy crash within an hour, because it provides only simple sugar, and it is unhealthy because it contains way too much unhealthy fat compared to other nutrients.

Your cereal, on the other hand, gives you what I'm sure is a balanced breakfast profile, which SHOULD include more sugar than usual, because it is the meal that gets you started (and sugar gets you started more quickly).

So, in short, don't stress it!
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Hi! Have you tried changing the nutrients that you track each day? I don't even track the sugar...when I keep going into the "red zone" on some things, I change my nutrients to better reflect my goals. Just a thought.:flowerforyou:
  • DaniiDean
    Options
    Hi! Have you tried changing the nutrients that you track each day? I don't even track the sugar...when I keep going into the "red zone" on some things, I change my nutrients to better reflect my goals. Just a thought.:flowerforyou:

I was thinking about this but not sure, I think I would rather see where I am going wrong :/ don't know