Help! Ideas for a stomach lining lunch!

katepolden
katepolden Posts: 38
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
I have a dinner to go to tonight where i'll be enjoying a few glasses of wine! I know I'll be over for today but the party is worth it!!

Thing is I'd like to have a healthy low calorie lunch but know if I have a salad I'll be drunk on one glass of wine! Don't want to embarass myself! In the old days I'd have had lots of bread...

Any ideas?

K

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Don't worry about lunch, have a snack just before you go out. Bread IS good, but if you're avoiding it, how about a yoghurt or some cottage cheese - dairy foods are supposed to be good.
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Have a salad with some black and garbanzo beans on it. Beans are very very filling, and an amazing source of protien. Or you could make a bean wrap with lettuce, low cal turkey, black beans and some type of healthy dressing in side of a sandwich wrap thingy. Good luck!
  • Good ideas! Thanks!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    I would go for veg and lentil soup for lunch and then for a snack before you a go a pot of natural yogurt or something?
  • Rhonda665
    Rhonda665 Posts: 10
    Eggs or egg whites really fill me up. I like a boiled egg with a little horseradish on it.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    poached egg on toast or pitta breads filled with salad, ham or meat:smile:
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Last Friday I was in the same boat going out for an evening meal. For lunch I had a salad with a mini pitta bread and that was only 203 cals and then one hour before I went out I had a mullerice light mini pot which was only 107 calories, I was fine then until the meal which was 4 hours after the mullerice and blew the rest of my calories on the Indian I was having.
This discussion has been closed.