Has anyone tried a toning belt??

Options
Hi, a friend recommended a toning belt to help tone up my stomach. Has anyone tried one before and do they actually work? I've read mixed reviews and there seem to be alot on the market and varying prices. Don't want to splash out on something that is a waste of money.
Are they only to be used during exercise? I must admit I don't exercise a great deal, a 10 minute DVD every morning and a 20 minute walk per day if the weather allows.

any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    why not just bump up the good ol exercise??? No offense, but you're basically admitting to being lazy. I'm not tryin to seem harsh but everyone wants the easy way out.

And no I wouldn't recommend a toning belt. All they want is your money.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend had a toning belt or something like that and she would wear it when she ran....it never really did anything but she swore it made her midsection smaller.... I would say if you want to try it then do so but measure yourself to know if you are really seeing any results or not.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    hmm when you mention it i thought about hmm could wear it at work, my scrubs have all gotten baggy anyway (not when doing appointments) but they same expensive and i think they would irratate my naval piercing.
    anyone use it with a naval piercing
  • nicjane113
    Options
    I also have a naval piercing but think my friend who swears by it has too so don't think it's a problem. I thought it might be useful to use while I'm at work too as my job is very inactive!

I love how people put "no offence" when they are about to offend someone. No I haven't admitted to being lazy, I admitted that I don't do loads of exercise, I fit it in when I can as I work full time sitting behind a desk!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have a slender tone and they really do work! You won't see abs unless ur body fat is reasonable but they do help you get a flatter stomach. If you have belly pericings as I do make sure u take them out when u use it!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Oh and I wouldn't use it at work or driving cos to get results u need it on high level and boy will u feel it lol
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I also have a naval piercing but think my friend who swears by it has too so don't think it's a problem. I thought it might be useful to use while I'm at work too as my job is very inactive!

I love how people put "no offence" when they are about to offend someone. No I haven't admitted to being lazy, I admitted that I don't do loads of exercise, I fit it in when I can as I work full time sitting behind a desk!

well dont you know just putting the words "no offence" or adding the words 'just saying' gives you licence to be as insulting as you want with none of the guilt
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    why not just bump up the good ol exercise??? No offense, but you're basically admitting to being lazy. I'm not tryin to seem harsh but everyone wants the easy way out.

And no I wouldn't recommend a toning belt. All they want is your money.

And you just admitted to being rude.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The toning belts will get you trained to hold your stomach in but as fair as getting rid of belly flab, no. Cardio, Planks, Side Planks. They will get you what you need
  • alexia_faith
    alexia_faith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use a toning belt as well as my reg work out

I use it coz I struggle with crunches and the rowing machine.

I use slendertone on recommendations from my partner. He keeps his weight down with reg work outs and a good diet but like me struggled with the toning side of post weight loss jelly belly

Its a good investment if you cant tone other wise and it is good for being potable. I work a desk job and wear it during shift a few times a week - Always a giggle on the higher settings