I haven't lost much but I am smaller.

Options
I can tell by my clothes. Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• carrie4495
    Options
    Absolutely! I am experiencing the same thing. Although I'd like the weight to come down a bit more, to be able to fit into my clothes comfortably is a great reward!
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    YES! And, it is driving me somewhat crazy! LOL
  • mmaboydwechanged
    Options
    Yes the first couple weeks I was losing inches but no weight. Then the weight started to drop.:smile:
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    Oh yes, it happened a lot, then I check my fat scale, and it tells me, that I lost fat, and I gained water and muscles. So the body is transforming and I am not worried about the weight number.
  • florabourne
    florabourne Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had a two week period about a month ago where i didnt loose a single pound, but i take measurements of my arm and stomach etc every two weeks and in that period I had lost cm of everywhere.. just proves its important to do both and not just look at the scales. If you have started to do exercise you might just be putting on muscle or toning up!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Sure has. In fact, once (when I first took Jazzercse waaay back when) I lost 2 sizes but GAINED a few pounds! Just remember this: Who sees the scale? Just you. Who sees yor shrinking body? EVERYONE!

Congratultions :smooched:
  • nursekay914
    Options
    Yes! My weight will not change anymore. I am stuck. But I am getting smaller. Since muscle weighs more than fat, I will just say thats what it is...
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I'm meeting my clothing size goals early, but my weight is slower.

I suspect it has to do with lifting weights as well as cardio.
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    God I totally hear you. I've watched my butt disappear and subsequently, my pants are droopy :) But I've been trying to break a weight loss plateau and it's making me crazy :)

Best,

Debbie
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I would rather shrink than the scale move!! It does happen to me and I love it!:love:
  • celestialpocky
    Options
    That's great =)

I have all my old jeans from when I was smaller in a pile in the corner of my room.
    I'm aiming to fit in those someday again. ll
  • Dayli
    Dayli Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm new to this site but not to dieting and exercise.

Its frustrating but a good boost when your losing inches but not weight. Always getting told 'muscle weighs more than fat' but its true. The scales soon catch up.

Although I always find buying that size smaller is so satisfying.

Good luck!!
  • lilchubbybunny
    Options
    Hey,
    I wouldnt worry about it, but heres something to make you smile. I have an even MORE frustrating problem.
    I can't buy smaller sizes!!!
    Now most reading this would just say, well then you're not losing weight, DUH! My problem is between two things. Naturaly wide hips. (No I have not had any children) and DD size chest. Neither of these truly shrink. I am 6'2 and have really big bones. So even though my arms are toning, my waist is whittling away, my thighs are awesome now, and my butt's smaller. I still can't wear jeans smaller than 16 because of my hips or shirts smaller than large (XL in most cases) because of my breasts, Talk about a headache!!!
    Feel free to laugh, in fact its good for the abs so i encourage it!:blushing:
  • JennHas2Ns
    Options
    I can tell my jeans pulled up much easier this morning. How exciting!
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    I would rather shrink than the scale move!! It does happen to me and I love it!:love:

I agree! I haven't lost much weight but my clothes fit a lot better than before