Still looking for some great veggie ideas for lunches!

Options
penny39
penny39 Posts: 266 Member
I am really falling in love with veggies and looking for some great ideas for lunch, please!

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I cut up zuchinni, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. Then drizzle .5 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil or 1 TBSP if you have the calories. Then sprinkle Mrs. Dash Italian Medley Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. You can also saute it that way if you want them hot. I like the crunch of the raw veggiers.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Cucumber salad? Mix a little splenda and vinegar in a bowl and add it to thinly sliced cucumbers and onions. That's been on my menu twice this week. lol
  • glamazonjenn
    glamazonjenn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I too love me some veggies... ;-) My favorites are coming into season here soon. In the summer months I love to simply cut up summer squash(yellow and zuchinni) and steam them and munch away. Another summer fav is to cut up onion,tomato,avacado and add cilantro and lime juice and you have a wonderful little salad! Also love cutting my carrots,cucumbers,and red(orange or yellow too)bell peppers into wooden match size pieces again splash with lime and cilantro...yummy salad. I could go on and on! Veggies are so wonderful...I especially love going to get my fresh veggies right out of my gardens in the summer!!!
    Cheers~
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    To add a little protein and good carbs, you could turn them into a quesidilla.

Use a whole wheat tortilla and some cheese (like a slice or two) and then your favorite veggies. Add some hot sauce if you want it to taste more authentic. It's a great way to feel like your eating more than you actually are!
  • blankcanvas
    blankcanvas Posts: 177
    Options
    Cooked up some edammame ( i make about 1/2 bag) and frozen corn, I just do them in the same pot:) drain and put into a bowl, add chopped onion, chopped red pepper. Make a dressing of olive oil, red vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. ( all items adjusted to taste) Refrigerate a few hours or overnite. It's wonderful! Sooo many people I know now make this for themselves and their gatherings and also fowarding the recipe:) Enjoy!
  • heididormanen
    Options
    hummus and veggie wrap..

spread hummus on a wrap, add any crispy veggies you want, roll up and tada!! lunch!!
  • funkyfr3sh
    Options
    Roasted Cauliflower is my favourite – bake until it gets crispy on the outside (about 400 for 45 minutes). Can toss with EVOO & Salt/pepper or whatever else you like!

Roasted butternut squash “chips”. Slice thinly so you have rounds. I have tried with brushing it with a little bit of maple syrup and salt (separate batches). Bake until crisp – 350 for about 15 minutes (watch them because they tend to burn fast)
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you can, check out Schwans. I LOVE everything they sell and they have a ton of really quick and easy and HEALTHY options! I love the mini bowtie pasta with veggies (100 Calories for one Cup) Its flash frozen so if you don't like something, like I don't like peppers, you can easily pick it out while it's still frozen. I like to add a bit of Can't Believe its not Butter and my Husband likes to add some Fat Free Italian Dress. Don't really need to add anything, but can for additional taste. Husband loves the Mediterranean Vegetable Blend (50 Calories for 1 Cup). I also LOVE Roasted Baby Bakers (90 Calories for 3oz). These are so good you don't need anything else they have just the right amount of seasoning.

I am all about having something on hand that I can easily grad to take with me for lunchs at work. Schwans has been a huge help for me in that area. I also recommend the Salmon Burgers. :)
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    1. Tuna mixed with spicy mustard, s&p, worchestershire sauce, spooned into a wedge of red bell pepper! Yum.
    2. Sandwich on whole grain/rye with deli turkey meat, spicy mustard and tons of veggies (olives, pickles, cucumber, spinach, peppers, tomato...).

Both are delicious.
  • penny39
    Options
    These are all wondeful ideas! Keep them coming, so that I don't get bored!
  • penny39
    Options
    The Hummus and vegggie wrap sounds delish!
  • Paiche
    Paiche Posts: 92
    Options
    Now that it is about outdoor grilling season, take your favorite veggies and put them on kabon sticks and grill them! You can also go with thee good ole hobo sack (putting veggies in aluminum foil package) and cook that out on the grill too. You can do them plain or add meats and marinades and spices to them!

I also love me some cucumber salad (I put my own recipe for it in my recipes if you want to check it out), and a homemade greek salad can be tastey as well!

If you enjoy rice, make some vegetarian sushi! I love to make sushi because its fun, creative, and takes up time in which i would likely be pigging out. I like sushi with cucumber, carrots, and snap peas. But you can google TONS of recipes.

Also, if your in to design, maybe buy a bento box, and go to google and type in bento box blogs, or bento art on google images. I do it sometimes and its just a fun hobby!

Great value brand had like many different types of stir fry frozen veggies, and you could try that! I like the broccoli, asparagus, snap pea, actually i like all the kinds they have!lol You can have just the veggie kind, or you could add your favorite meat and sauces! I buy a stir fry sauce from kikkoman and its only like 20 calories per tablespoon! But you can use all kinds of sauces. Ive been checking out the ones they use at our local mongolian grill restaurant for ideas (:
  • inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    Spaghetti Salad

Cold cooked whole wheat( or Dreamfields) spaghetti
    cut up broccolli ,cauliflower , celery,carrots
    mix with light italian dressing and sprinkle with some Mrs Dash or other veggie type seasoning..

yummy
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite veggie dishes is zucchini lasagna, you cut the zucchini into very thin slices, the long way and after baking them for a bit to drive off the water, you use them instead of noodles in your favorite lasagna recipe. Lunch leftover bonus: it's better the second day!