8 weeks:

Eat nothing processed
8 hours of sleep
8 glasses of water
5 veggie servings per day
3 fruit servings per day
2 servings of whole grain per day
30 min. cardio 5 days per week

Who's with me, or does someone want to get the ball rolling on something like this with me? Please.... :wink:

Replies

• tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    The eat nothing processed part will be hard, but I will give it my best shot!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can do the sleep quota there but I'd be willing to do this (or something similar) with you :smile: It's roughly what I shoot for anyway but being in a challenge will hold me more accountable - LOL
  • mcboyd1983
    Options
    I have already been doing this for the past 2 weeks, so yes I'll take you up on that challenge! :)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I do pretty much all that now cept for the 30 min of cardio 5 days, i usually do 30 min of swimming and 20 min of cardio 3 days a week, but i'll try.

How do we keep track and where diD you come up with this?
  • back2_200
    back2_200 Posts: 27
    Options
    Mcboyd do you have a better list than mine? I'd love to see what you're doing. Thanks!
  • lilchubbybunny
    Options
    Alright..... im the kind of girl who can't resist a challange. So your on! hahahaha
  • back2_200
    Options
    Have a nutritionalist friend who suggested it. How should we track it? I can make a google doc or something maybe that we can log into everyday.... Thoughts?
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    I'm in! It's a very do-able and sensible challenge :smile: I have no idea how we could track this though!
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So wouldn't that basically limit you to eating just fruits and vegetables and grains. I looked up on google what is considered processed and it is crazy. I don't know if I could keep track. I would love to try this challenge. Wouldn't bread be considered processed? They even said Milk you buy in the store is processed. What would your daily menu look like for food? Just looking for an example. Thanks :)
  • jackiewain
    Options
    Ok, I'll give it a whirl!
  • back2_200
    Options
    So Im going to make a google spreadsheet that I can send everyone the link to. It will have everyones screen name and a box for each category. We can officially start next Monday the 18th, but I'll get it up before that so we can start trying it out. I'll just need an email address so that I can invite you to the page. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • back2_200
    Options
    I'll get a more comprehensive list of items to check off everyday beanie. Good suggestions.
  • lilchubbybunny
    Options
    check out my food diary i just planned it for today. Tell me whatcha'll think
  • katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This would be a major challenge for me with work and not eating processed foods but I would love to try. I need something to kickstart my weight loss. I have been doing this for 3 weeks now and haven't really lost anything. I know my signature says 4 lbs but thats because i didn't mark last week where i gained it all back.
  • lilchubbybunny
    Options
    how about limiting to only two processed foods a day since this seems to be where most people struggle
  • BellaCoconut
    Options
    So Im going to make a google spreadsheet that I can send everyone the link to. It will have everyones screen name and a box for each category. We can officially start next Monday the 18th, but I'll get it up before that so we can start trying it out. I'll just need an email address so that I can invite you to the page. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Wow, that would be very organised and great! Thanks for putting that together- should we just pm our email to you?
    I will be on holidays from Monday the 18th (in Prague, yay!) so it will be a challenging first week....but not impossible! Lots of walking and sightseeing so the 30mins excercise won't be a problem. Keeping any beer drinking to a minimum will, however, be a real challenge!:drinker:
  • katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't want him to limit it to 2 processed foods but I would like a list of food we can eat. i would assume lunch meat is ok. but lean cusine's not so much. I would think bread is ok although it is processed. I think my biggest issue is not knowing what is considered processed when it comes to things that I can eat at work.
  • back2_200
    Options
    Yeah PM me the email you want me to send the link to. I'll put something together today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!