Discouraged !!!

Options
I am so confused right now ...I am watching what I eat not going out to eat and I seem to be gaining weight instead of losing. I also walk 5 days a week 5 miles a day I am also running in between the walk just to try to shake my workout up so my body is not getting used to it. It is very discouraging. The only thing I can think of is that I am not eating enough ...because it is so hard for me to eat back the calories that I am burning off without going over on something..and plus I am not hungry at all. Thanks for any advice that you may be able to give me.

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food journal and I think it could use some work. There were a couple of days last week that you either skipped meals or your didn't track them.

You need to track every thing. watch the prepared foods.

take a look at my diary if you want ideas.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going through the same predicament. I've been working out (not as much as I should since I work alot, excuses excuses, haha), BUT the fricken scale told me I gained 2 pounds BUT my once tight shirt fits loose! A friend told me to ignore the scale initially, and just take your measurements with a measuring tape.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Doing a quick scan of your diary you might want cut down on your sugar intake and increase your protein intake. Also w/ exercise you may want to incorporate different exercise in addition to the walking you're already doing. Best of luck to you and don't give up.
  • bigbeth_02
    bigbeth_02 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i looked at it to and you have to eat as close to your calories at you can even if its small stuff all through out the day ,you have to have fuel for your body to get your metabolism up ,also you dont have sodium on your food diary ,i didnt at first either and it seemed like i wasnt losing but once i put it on i noticed a difference ,sodium will make you retain lots of water which will cause weight gain hope this helps
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Another thought (Which I know how you feel) but as they said eating some of your burned cals back is a good idea. What I do is what ever it is I burn I try to eat to fill it back but I found that if you leave about 500 cals (only if you burned some) that this should help with the weight loss. It worked for me don't know if it will for you but its worth a shot right :)
  • heatherngary
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind advice I will take it into consideration and work on these things...Thanks so much !!!!
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    a lot of people don't realize this, but they don't record their consumed calories correctly. make sure you are measuring everything so that you know exactly how much you are consuming.

also, are you walking on a treadmill?

i doubt it is being affected by not eating back your calories. it takes weeks of near starvation to actually impair your metabolism, and i doubt you have been starving the past few weeks. it is most likely a case of improper mathematics (not counting all cals in and/or deducting more cals than you are actually expending during workouts).