Working my way down

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
A little discouraged this morning because the scale is being very mean. Yelled at it, pounded it, even grab ahold of the bedpost to make myself a pound lighter. To no avail.:huh:

So I pulled out my trusty tape measure. She never lets me down. We have gotten very close over the years, what with her wrapping herself around my breast and bottom every 2 wks or so :blushing:

Well I must be losing this fat from the top down. The chest area is down by almost 2 inches and I would cry like a baby:sad: but so is my upper waist!

Then I checked the mid waist at belly button and BAM down by 2 there also!!

So now I am happy and doing a happy jig. Which I hope makes Ms Scale feel like crap:laugh:

Replies

• beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Haha, luv it!! The scale shows you a number, the tape measure shows the difference you will have in your clothes, which is much more important! Well done :smile:
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    LOL :) Too funny! Way to celebrate your NSV!!!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    lol ^-^
    I always find weight is irrelivent,
    its all about measurements for me!
    I'd stay dont worry about the scales.
    Just go by your trusty tape measure and how you feel your body looks at the time!
    Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • glamazonjenn
    glamazonjenn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work....this was a great post! You should be proud!!!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    cute post :)
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    haha that was me yesterday! :) doesnt it feel good to lose inches?! Thats what really counts after all! :) great work! Sounds like you've gained muscle and lost fat and toned up! Yay to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Love the attitude - I have the love/hate relationship with the scale: it loves to mock me, I hate to see it - around and around we go . . .

GO TICKER TAPE, only this one is counting down!
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too! The scale takes FOREVER to move. I haven't taken any measurements....hmmm maybe this is the boost my ego needs?!?!?
    Congrats to you & thanks for posting your NSV! :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hmm I think I will go until vacation with just measuring. All my food and 1x wk my body. Yup.......that is a great idea!

I wonder if there is a ticker ticker out there???:tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I have this problem too! The scale takes FOREVER to move. I haven't taken any measurements....hmmm maybe this is the boost my ego needs?!?!?
    Congrats to you & thanks for posting your NSV! :bigsmile:

When I started last time I did neck, boobs, under boobs, high waist at smallest, belly button waist, hips at widest, thigh, upper arm, and above my knee (that was weird, but well I HATE that lil glob of fat on my upper knee:angry: )

My rings are swinging around my fingers today also. :love:
  • DaveNix
    DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Very cute post.. I'll have to make sure the Mrs. reads it, she's been having problems with the scale, too.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Very cute post.. I'll have to make sure the Mrs. reads it, she's been having problems with the scale, too.

:grumble: stupid scale

tell Mrs hello:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!