HELP !

Options
I have been doing really good. But it seems like its slowing down. I weigh in tomorrow morning and i don't think im going to loss. Please help...

Replies

• JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Remember, weight loss is a marathan, not a sprint. It takes time and sometimes you will plateau occasionally. Change up your routine a little and just remember this is normal.
  • prplldybg
    Options
    Try a new routine! What is your exercise routine look like? Try intervals. Running 4 minutes, walking 1 minutes, incline (up to 10) for 4 minutes then walking 1 minutes. Repeat that cycle three times with a 3 minutes warm-up and cool-down. Just try something new to wake the body/metabolism up. I don't know about you but I get stuck doing the same thing over and over so a change is good! :happy:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Remember, weight loss is a marathan, not a sprint. It takes time and sometimes you will plateau occasionally. Change up your routine a little and just remember this is normal.

Well said!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. for the first 3 months this year I was going to the gym twice a day on may weekdays and lost almost 30 lbs. Since spring break, I have dropped back to once a day and it has been hard getting out of bed, but I keep telling myself it is worth it and I can do it. Things are a big hectic right now, so I am easing back, but I intend to pick up the exercise again in the next couple of weeks. I am trying to remember it is for the rest of my life that I need to be doing this, so letting up when I feel drained is ok as long as I remind myself to pick up the intensity again when I can. My base line has definitely changed. You can do it, just keep moving.
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Try changing up your workouts. Usually, this helps you break free from a plateau
  • carterdjohnson
    Options
    Be the Tortoise, not the Hare. Slow and steady wins the race.

I have been overloaded with work this year so far, but since I started in January, I have significantly cut back on caloric intake, and watched what kinds of foods I've eaten, mostly vegetables and whole, unrefined grains and have lost 17 pounds. That isn't record-breaking, but it's a slow and steady, and very gratifying weight-loss. I can now fit in clothes that I loved, but have only looked at in my closet for 2 years or more. There are a few things I still cannot fit into, however, that require even more weight-loss.

Nonetheless, I sense a slow-down myself, a plateau. It's just in time for spring, and a lightening of my load at work. There will have to be a change in my routine. Being a New Yorker, I already walk more often than the average person, but now I only use stairs and I walk a bit faster; but finally, I think I have to add more exercise to my routine. I am ready for it!

What I'm trying to say is listen to what your body and your life allows you to do, and then make the most of it. If you're too tired or have too little time to exercise, then try to figure out something you CAN do.

It's not about a short-term gain...or loss as our case may be...it's about a long-term lifestyle change, a more holistic and kinder approach to your body and to life.