Help finding good exercise program for grandmas

Options
I am 65 and am looking for help finding a good exercise program. My specific problem area is weak Lat muscles in my back. I know I should be strengthening my core but the pilates DVD that I have is too strenuous. Any suggestions from personal experience?

Replies

• MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :smile: TRY TAI CHI, AND LOOK UP DVD'S ON THE ARTHRITIS FOUNDATION WEB SITE, ALSO AMAZON .COM, ALSO WALKING DVD BUY LESLIE SANSONE SHE HAS A GREAT VARIETY OF DVD YOU CAN TRY...GOOD LUCK..ISSY
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Jane Fonda has a new workout videos geared towards older women called Prime Time Fit & Strong. They sell it at Target, WalMart etc for about $10. i have actually done the workout and it is great! I highly recommend it.
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. :smile: I actually bought the Jane tape at Walmart and have used it a few times. It is good but does not seem very "aerobic". I usually do it twice a week and walk 30 to 45 minutes on my treadmill on the other days. Try to get some good exercise 6 days a week then one day of rest.
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    Thanks for info on Tai Chi. I have never tried it but will be checking out Arthritis Foundation web site.
  • mommysue37
    Options
    Good job, "Grandma"!! Keep it up for those grandbabies! :) Isn't grandparenting just the BEST??
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I highly reccomend Teresa Tapp's videos. Her videos are meant for every age group and fitness level. She has a senior in the “Total workout” video. It also gets your heart rate up, without any jumping or things that are hard on joints. She’s got a 15 minute Basic Workout and 50 minute Total workout. I bought the 15 minute workout and got great results, and then afterward moved up to the total workout. Here is the link to her site, I’m pretty sure she’s got some videos on there you try.

http://www.t-tapp.com/
  • imdoune
    imdoune Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My Grandma is more than 85 and does Tai Shi with a group. She started with a DVD and after joined the group! She really likes it, and the group likes her so much that she became their Mascot, they bring her everywhere they go!!