Maybe you should eat that cookie

Options

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I mean I LOVE ribs, but I like mine with BBQ sauce!

Yummy!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :tongue: :happy: :laugh:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    So this one is a healthy weight model that they photoshoped to make skinny... I don't think the other ones were photoshopped.... You don't see the bones, and she seems out of proportion.

02-240.jpg
    yeah it does look a world of difference
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    lol,

I discovered a bunch of this when I decided to look up weightloss on YouTube and the Thinspiration montages. Yuck!
  • KBagwell
    Options
    Why would ANYONE want to look like that??? I'd be scared to touch her, she might break!
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    All I wanna know is how are these girls still alive and walking without passing out?!!! Outrageous!
    98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Go here:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/models.asp

In the real photos, they're still too skinny.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    That is disgusting. :sick:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    there is not even a bit of muscle on them, makes you wonder how they can stay up at all..
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    skinnymodel.jpg
    Last week designer Bradley Bayou, formerly of Halston, held a panel to discuss growing trend of thinner than thin models walking the runways. Bayou has been close to the debate for personal reasons: his eldest daughter plunged into anorexia after not being able to fit into his sample sizes. She is now on the mend, but the ordeal changed how Bayou conducted business. He stopped using size-0 and size-2 models and encourages any too skinny model that comes to a casting to get help. Bayou claims that the CFDA is not doing enough to curb the problem. The CFDA, of course, feels otherwise and claims that the guidelines drawn up last year to help casting directors and agents identify models with eating disorders and to keep the models healthy and working (and well, alive) are working just fine.

A couple seasons ago Madrid’s Fashion Week made headlines when it banned models with a BMI (body mass index) of less than 18. Organizers in Milan followed suit with a minimum BMI of 18.5. This year Madrid banned 30% of models from walking after they were deemed to unhealthy. Neither Paris nor New York have any such guidelines. Considering the controversy stirred up by Ali Michael’s speedy return home to Texas for gaining a mere five pounds, maybe they should have them. Madrid’s regulations were enacted after not one, but two models died from being too thin within weeks of each other. Despite the uproar following the mandate back then, the models seemed more shockingly thin this year around. ELLE fashion editor Nina Garcia even felt compelled to put in her two cents, stating that even she thought the models were too thin and that the problem was only getting worse.

Unfortunately many of the designers do not seem to realize that will all of the focus on how thin the models are, people (editors, critics, and prospective customers included) are more likely to focus on the model wearing the garment, than the actual garment. It’s hard to be enthralled with a dress when the shoulder bones of the model wearing it are jutting out.
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    I’m 5′ 11″, and in my skinniest, tiniest days back at around age 19, I was modeling a bit. I was a size 4. While I didn’t have an eating disorder, I would regularly pass out if I didn’t eat enough. I was much too thin to be heathly, and everyone around me knew it. Yet, the message I always got from agencies was, “you could really stand to lose about 10 pounds”. Ten pounds of what? Bone mass?

skinny_model.jpg
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i have to ask.. is that you in that picture ??
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Give me strength and muscles anyday!:drinker:

That's just sad.
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Ok, the model pictures were probably photoshopped, but here's some people we see/saw every day .

Calista Flockhart
    flockhart.jpg

Nicole Ritchie
    nicole-richie-stick-girl.jpg

Kiera Knightly
    ga_dish_knightley200x313.jpg

Mary Kate Olson
    100755.jpg

Amy Winehouse
    amy-[

Kate Bosworth
    kate_bosworth2.jpg
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    i have to ask.. is that you in that picture ??

Oh gosh no! I pulled the quote out of an interview with her. That's some model's picture from 2007
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    be careful posting things like this
    it could be a "trigger" for someone who is/has recovered from ana or mia
    i myself when i was a teenager used to suffer from an ED
    and things like this would make me not eat or purge like crazy
    just a precaution for all MPF users.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    be careful posting things like this
    it could be a "trigger" for someone who is/has recovered from ana or mia
    i myself when i was a teenager used to suffer from an ED
    and things like this would make me not eat or purge like crazy
    just a precaution for all MPF users.

Do you really think so?

I'm a recovered anorexic and it just made me more thankful that I am no longer that way.
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I think that these girls have a bigger problem than I do. I hope that they get help and put some meat on those bones. Fitness is when you look and feel good. No Way are they doing either. My prayers are with them and anyone who has a weight problem. Seems like we have many extreems in the weight category.:frown: :frown: :frown:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Wow ... as I looked at these pictures it occurred to me that in the 50s the Marilyn Monroe voluptuous look was popular ... maybe because people had just seen the images of the victims of Dachau and Buchenwald coming out of the camps ...

Why is this considered attractive? I just don't get it. They look like prepubescent boys. I guess that is what some people are into ...
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    deleted