Shakeology.......

Options
for those that drink it.....do you use it as a meal replacement or as a snack? Also if you use it as a meal replacement what meal do you replace?

I really like mine, just trying to find the right time a day to fit it in........

Replies

• JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    What kind of shake mix do you use? I am looking at trying the casein protein shake as a meal replacement. I have seen mixed reviews on the shake mix on the GNC website.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The calories are low, so I use it as a snack or combined with breakfast. There are also recipes for it as well.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I drink mine as a snack...1 scoop of chocolate with 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk...185 calories of YUM!!!

Sharon
  • SweetCharity
    Options
    It depends on what you mix with it and how many calories you need for the day. I kind of consider everything I eat as a small meal so depending on the amount of calories I need for that particular meal - it will dictate what I add to it.
  • amarie36
    amarie36 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use mine as a meal replacement. I replace it with dinner during the week. My schedule is so hectic that I dont have time to make it for breakfast or lunch. Although, on the weekend I will replace it with breakfast. I find it to be so filling that I dont need to eat once I have it.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I use mine as afternoon snack and sometimes I will replace my breakfast meal with it. I combine shakeology, peanut butter, ice and water and blend it, like a peanut butter chocolate milkshake! (but good for you)
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I am using the Chocolate Shakeology from Beachbody. I love the chocolate, I mix it with half water/half vanilla almond milk. Everyone once in a while if I'm missing one of my "fancy" coffee drinks I mix it with some coffee (I'm sure thats probably not recommended, but soooo yummy) Have not been brave enough to try the Greenberry.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I use it as a lunch replacement because my school serves TERRIBLE lunches. I mean just terrible. But I know most people use it as a breakfast or post workout.

If you want I have a recipe card I can send you if you visit my blog www.fitincollege.com also under "become a coach" (I know you probably dont want to just throwing it out there) I explain how to get shakeology for the best price

Just a friendly reminder the above post probably qualifies under the forum's "no advertising allowed" rule. As BB coaches we are not allowed to direct people to our sites here.

As to the original question, I drink my Shakeology for breakfast every day. I mix the chocolate with almond milk, a banana and some PB. I mix the greenberry with fruit juice, greek yogurt and frozen fruit.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the type and calorie content of the shake.

I drink an organic protein shake as my dinner when I know Im going to be on the go (it is a meal replacement drink at 255 calories, but filled with lots of healthy stuff). However, if I workout that evening, and have the additional calories to make something healthy even I get home from a workout (like grilled shrimp and steamed fresh veggies) then I move it into my evening shake category.
  • fitincollege
    Options
    Sorry sorry I was just trying to direct to the recipe card! I can also email it to anyone who wants it..its basically just a calendar with a different combination for every day
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Sorry sorry I was just trying to direct to the recipe card! I can also email it to anyone who wants it..its basically just a calendar with a different combination for every day

Here's a link to the official Shakeology Facebook page with the new recipe calendar.

http://www.facebook.com/Shakeology?sk=app_182667455607
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Thanks for understanding fitincollege, we realise it was not intended for personal gain but I have deleted the post now as it could be seen as an advertisement.

Ms_Natalie :flowerforyou:
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
  • lEEAVii20
    lEEAVii20 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering what shakeology actually taste like before purchasing...Is it nasty? good? or what? lol
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Both. I have it for Breakfast every AM - with the kids, generally made with Almond or coconut milk, or coffee ice cubes. Then I will put it in as an afternoon snack if my meals have been light through the day - made with just water and regular ice.

@ lEEAVii20 - I really have found the flavor is one of the best on the market IMO, it's texture is smooth and creamy when blended correctly. There are many beachbody coaches that will send you one sample pack to try I'm sure someone will contact you through here or you can go on beachbody.com and ask on the message board for someone to help.