Dieting and mood swings?

Options
Does anyone else notice mood swings when your dieting?

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Haven't you noticed some of the crabby posts on MFP? LOL jk. Yes I have experienced this as well. Kind of like quitting smoking. It is a battle.
  • GabrielMaestas
    GabrielMaestas Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yep, me and my immature friends call it 'Fat Rage' but scientifically its easily linked to modified body chemistry. It begins to ease as time goes on and eventually it gets better :o)
  • butterfly3747
    Options
    i hope it gets better, im so miserable sometimes LOL
  • Peanutmanda
    Peanutmanda Posts: 103
    Options
    I was so afraid I was the only one. I really hope it ends soon, I feel bad. People are walking on egg shells around me!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Try a B12 vitamin. It can REALLY help with your mood and energy levels.
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yep, me and my immature friends call it 'Fat Rage' but scientifically its easily linked to modified body chemistry. It begins to ease as time goes on and eventually it gets better :o)

FAT RAGE!!! I love it.

Don't worry, the rage/sadness/irritability etc will give way to feeling great after a few weeks of clean eating and exercise.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I love it!! HA HA!
  • Peanutmanda
    Peanutmanda Posts: 103
    Options
    ....I've been going strong for 3 months now, and it seems to only get worst... Weird.. I will deff try those vitamins! Thx for the heads up!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I do get pissy when I can't have my dessert..
  • iq5203
    iq5203 Posts: 17
    Options
    My mood swings are very much related to my eating schedule. For me, the best way to control them was to eat small meals regularly.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I've found that when I severely undereat, I'm a real b*tch. Also, if I go too long between eating, I get cranky, irritable, contentious and generally miserable. So the fix, for me, is to not have too large a deficit and eat every 3 hours, or so. That keeps me on an even keel.
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    FAT RAGE?! That is hysterical! I thought I was the only one feeling moody lately. Well, at least now I know why. Hahaha. I've got to keep on top of taking my B-vitamin. I don't always remember.