Last few pounds

Options
Someone please explain to me why these last 12lbs seem the absolute hardest to fall off? Ive increased calories, lowered calories, upped the strength training, lowered strength training, water intake, tried new exercises went back to old ones! Im getting so frustrated.
Any help?

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I already know the last 10-15lbs are going to be the worst! I dont have any suggestions :(
    But.. when you figure it out you should let me know! I have already slowed wayyy wayy down the first 20 were a breeze the 2nd 20 have been really slow!
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Im in the same place! I was stuck at the last 20 for about a year! I lowered my cals by 200 and lost a 1lb a week. 15 to go... but I have a feeling it will take longer than I expect. I want to reach my goal by the end of the school year. I haven't had a day of rest in 2 weeks and this morning I gained a pound. All I can say is stick with it and it will be bound to happen. And just remember how far you have come already : )
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i been going through the same thing thing since October. I am down almost 90 lbs and want another 10 to get to 130 which is still on the higher end for me..I am only 5'1. It is the hardest and most depressing thing. I'm done the same as you and just cant figure it out.
  • steffmd25
    steffmd25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Have you tried increasing your workouts to one more during the week?? Or possibly exercising at a different time? Not sure what to do, very good question.
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    Well its good to know Im not alone....
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Well its good to know Im not alone....

No you are not alone. Well I'm on my last 17 lbs so a little more than you. I'm conducting a 30 day experiment on myself to zig-zag calories (started on Monday), I allocated 2 rest days this week, I plan to increase my protein intake so my muscles can recover quicker, and changing my workout plan starting tomorrow. I always read it takes 30 days for your body to really adjust to a new program. I will give it 30 days and see what results I can get from it. The zig-zag does keep things interesting. Soon your 12 lbs will be a thing of the past just give it time :wink:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have 7lbs to go and expect this to take longer than the other 15lbs did.

The closer we are to goal weight the harder it becomes because our bodies are pretty much at their optimum weight (we all have a 'goal weight range' so are probably within that range whilst we when we are trying to lose those last few lbs)
  • iq5203
    iq5203 Posts: 17
    Options
    I think it's more about the impatience to be done with the diet that makes the last few pounds hurt so much... That and weight loss rate slows as you lose.