New Bathing Suit?

Options
so I found I can get a really good deal on this bathing suit, problem is is that it's only good through the 30th.
My measurements havent changed over the last few weeks, so according to the size chart I should be a: well, it's not that easy.

my bust- 38- is a mediium.
my waist- 34- is an extra large
and my hips- 36- is a small??

I have no idea what to do! do I play it safe and get a large? Do I get a medium so I odnt have a malfunction, but risk it being too baggy on the bottom?

Replies

• alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    Medium sounds good to me, is there a store where you could try on a similar swimsuit, so you can see how it might fit on you?
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    Medium sounds good to me, is there a store where you could try on a similar swimsuit, so you can see how it might fit on you?

I dont think our store carries swimsuits, but I guess I could head out there and make sure
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of them still selling bathing suits where you HAVE to get the same size tops and bottoms. Usually you can ALWAYS mix and match (like getting a S top and M bottoms), have you checked into that?
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I haven't heard of them still selling bathing suits where you HAVE to get the same size tops and bottoms. Usually you can ALWAYS mix and match (like getting a S top and M bottoms), have you checked into that?

It's a one piece.
  • dsolgot
    dsolgot Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yeah I would find a store with something simular because everything is made diffrent according to the size charts where I get my pants I'm a 13 but when I actually went and tried them on I'm really a 9 and they are a perfect fit I probably could have went down another size. so be careful ordering online!
  • ndking21
    ndking21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i would get the medium because my measurements are all messed up too, but i'd rather be secure that i'm not going to float out everywhere when i get wet.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I despise ordering online for this exact same reason! You could always go with the large, and have it taken in, if it too big. A decent tailor should only charge 10 bucks to take a few inches in.
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    Options
    i have to buy seperates because i have always been 2 different sizes .. my bottom when thin is always a small even if i measure for a medium.. and my bust was always huge. dd ddd. but i got a reduction so now im just tiny but i still get a large for the coverage.. i would go trying stuff on.. before ordering anything.. its very frustrating! good luck
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If you are still planning on losing weight I would suggest you go a size smaller than you would normally take. It's only April and you have 6 weeks till memorial day weekend the usual the start of swim season, if you dropped 10-14 lbs that is a size smaller than you are now and if your currently inbetween sizes and planning on going down, buy smaller, you dont want to spend the money and have the suit fall off top or bottom in the water or not last the entire summer season. I bought my swim suit last week a size smaller for anticipated future weight loss before and continued loss during the season to hopefully get the full use of it for the summer.