Starting Couch to 5k on May 1st!

Options
Anyone interested in starting Couch to 5k on May 1st with me? I would love to have a thread to check in with!

Replies

• QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just started it this past Monday, and its awesome. I can't wait to see if I can actually run a whole 5K in 9 short weeks. Good luck!
  • srhdwll
    srhdwll Posts: 65
    Options
    Hey, I just started it this past Monday, and its awesome. I can't wait to see if I can actually run a whole 5K in 9 short weeks. Good luck!

That's great! I need challenges like this to keep me going. I picked a 5k 6 months away to make my first race, I figure even if I have to stretch out the program and repeat weeks, 6 months from now I will hopefully be a regular runner!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of trying it....bumping for May 1st
  • Flocker1979
    Options

Me, too!
  • JBRealtorGal
    JBRealtorGal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! I did my first 5k last Saturday. I just need to find my heart rate monitor to measure how fast.
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm interested. Started C25k about two years ago, then had surgery so never completed. a 5k is one of my goals this year so need some motivation to get it done.
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I wanted to start this month, but it was still kinda cold out. Next month will be perfect. I might start sooner.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I started this 3 weeks ago and have done week 3 day 2 now, but having trouble with my right knee, so going swimming tonight instead.

I'm really enjoying it though, so hoping my knee wont hold me back much.

Good luck! and enjoy it :)
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My Dad ran track and did football and has problem with his knees, and I fear its hereditary b/c I have the worst knee pain when I do lunges and squats too many weeks in a row, and yesterday my left knee was hurting. But I am going to stick with it as long as I can. Running is so hard on your joints, but its so fun.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Bumping - I'll probably join you. I wanted to start it a couple of weeks ago but I'm waiting for it to be light early enough - I really only have the time/energy to do it first thing but I leave for work stupid early!