So disappointed! :(

Options
Hi
I am new to this forum, and wanted to meet some people here...

I had lost 23 pounds over 6 months last year (From July to Dec 2010)....and had put in so much of my heart/energy/soul into it... and felt confident about my looks for the first time in my life!

I have been struggling with my weight all my life...

And was kind o sick & tired of crash diets and yo-yo weight...

So, for those 6 months...I was working out and eating healthy..and it was all great...

But i started a new job from Jan 2011....and have not been able to keep-up with my workout routines...

And i weighted myself again today....and was shocked to see that I have gained back 16 of those 23 pounds lost...

Am very disappointed in myself...

A friend told me of this site...

So with a broken heart....am planning to pick up again from today....

Good luck to all.....

Replies

• therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Just start from here and more forward. That's the best you can do. And you'll be feeling positive again soon enough! :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Don't be down on yourself! The great thing about the human body is that it changes. :) You did this once and you can do it again!
  • squintyme
    squintyme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just start again and be positive. You can do it, you have proved you can before :) Feel free to add me if you need support!
  • vee280875
    vee280875 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello there!

We have all been there...and now you just have to sit and have a good look at what you have to do to lose those pounds again (because you have proven to yourself you can do it!!)...organise your day...when have you got time to work out? What can you do differently? Is it just the lack of exercise or have your portions gone up?

Do not despair...we are all here to help you in whatever you might need!!!!!

Don't forget to smile!!!!!! :)
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Welcome!!! Take a deeeep breath, and don't be down on yourself!! Today is a BEAUTIFUL day, and YOU have the ability to make healthy choices that will get you closer to your goals!! You are worth it!! :)
  • JoAnnLeahMurphy
    Options
    You are def not defeated...hence you are on this site! Good job and welcome! You can do it again and this time have all of us for support!
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh how I've been where you are...I AM where you are. Instead of having a broken heart about your weight gain think of it as a learning experience. You CAN do this!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel on a smaller scale, I lost 6.5 pounds from January to March and then I went through a bad breakup and gained almost all of it back. But the good news is I'm almost to where I was in March (1.8 pounds to go) and I feel a lot more stable now that the changes have been made in my lifestyle that are necessary for me to lose weight. Best wishes and if you need extra support feel free to add me :)
  • berousseau
    Options
    Oh No! Not a broken heart! Look we're all pretty much fighting the same fight and a lot of times we have set backs. I was complaining because I gained 2lbs. Not because of a change in job but because I've been eating everything. As long as we see the problem and are willing to make the needed moves to make a change to get back on track, all will be well. With that being said, no more broken hearts. Be encouraged and motivated that you are ready for a new start. I wish you the best on your journey.....NEW BEGINNINGS :0)
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Look at the positives:

1. You are still down from where you began
    2. You did it once before so you can do it again (and then some)
    3. You have found this site which will help make it easier.

Everyone is going to have setbacks. Don't get frustrated, channel that anger/disappointment towards losing weight.
  • DiggerBenson
    Options
    Stay strong! You stumbled and lost some ground. Now get back on the horse and move forward.

This learning to eat healthy is a tough lesson, and it is ongoing for most of us. I don't know anyone who has had an easy time
    of changing their life style and having immediate and ongoing success. But eating healthy and exercising DOES work. We just have to keep on keeping on.

I had a similar experience this winter with my weight: I lost 13 pounds and felt SOOOOO good about myself. I have put it all back on, and I know why: I stopped exercising and also allowed the stress of a long IRS audit to get me stressed to the max. I KNOW what I need to do; I just have to focus on it and do it. For me to lose weight, I HAVE to exercise. No two ways about it. So now I am back on the plan.

You can do this. Just work on it a day at a time and make it happen. Good luck to you.

Digger
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just found this site a few days ago. I'm confident joining here and becoming a member of this support group will be the extra motivation I've needed. I'm sure it can be for you as well. Today is a new day! :)
  • sarahanneD21
    Options
    dont put yourself down a over 3 years ago i managed to lose 42lbs through healthy eating and excercise and unfortunatly 2years ago i became unwell and since then have gained about 70lbs, i am healthier now and i am just beginning again if you have done it before youl do it again ...JUST BE POSITIVE
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    As the others have said we've all been there! I lost over a stone last summer and throughout the winter months put it all back on :(

So I'm in the same boat, starting again from scratch....but what's done is done and there's no point being sad about it....just get back into things and you'll soon lose those pounds and be feeling fab again :)
  • rosalieharris
    rosalieharris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I too am a little disappointed at this point in my weight loss. I have been on MFP since January and have lost 24 lbs...ok I thought that was great. But I have alot of weight to lose and I have only lost .4 lbs (yes point 4, not 4) in the last 3 weeks. I cannot be on a plateau at this point, right? I am not losing hope, just a little set back I guess. I did try for the last week and a half that new Up/day, Down/day diet. I was trying to maybe shock my metabolism into losing weight, but all I have managed to do is cause myself headaches on my Down days. Anyway, I know I am not a boost of encouragement, but I do know how you feel...if that is any consellation...lol! Also, I am NOT GIVING UP. I want to lose a total of 100lbs and I am 1/4 of the way! So let's go....WE CAN DO THIS!!:flowerforyou:
  • Bluesman77
    Options
    Just think about how many people gain it all back, plus some. You are taking responsibility for it, and doing something about it. That says a lot about you. Remember this feeling, and use it in the future. Make a mistake something positive by learning from it. You will get there again, but this time even stronger than before :happy:
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Your here now! No use in dwelling on the past and all the coulda, shoulda or woulda's. Log all the good and bad. Take the stairs instead of an elevator etc. Small changes will add up and make a difference. Remember this is a change for the rest of your life. So if you fall get back up and start at it again. Have faith in yourself and give yourself some credit.

Lots of luck to you!
  • CmGoode
    CmGoode Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!
    Last year around this time, I had lost 25 pounds and I was pretty stoked about it....and then life happened and I wasn't all that great with keeping up with routines and thinking about what I put into my mouth. I gained IT ALL back. I have been on MFP for almost 2 months and the weight is coming off slowly. I keep plugging away.
    Like I said before...YOU CAN DO IT!! A great thing about MFP is that you get a ton of support, especially when feeling discouraged.
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I too am a little disappointed at this point in my weight loss. I have been on MFP since January and have lost 24 lbs...ok I thought that was great. But I have alot of weight to lose and I have only lost .4 lbs (yes point 4, not 4) in the last 3 weeks. I cannot be on a plateau at this point, right? I am not losing hope, just a little set back I guess. I did try for the last week and a half that new Up/day, Down/day diet. I was trying to maybe shock my metabolism into losing weight, but all I have managed to do is cause myself headaches on my Down days. Anyway, I know I am not a boost of encouragement, but I do know how you feel...if that is any consellation...lol! Also, I am NOT GIVING UP. I want to lose a total of 100lbs and I am 1/4 of the way! So let's go....WE CAN DO THIS!!:flowerforyou:

I had the exact same thing happened! Started in Jan, lost about 9lbs initially, then for 5-6 weeks just hovered around the same mark....up a pound, down a pound, up a pound....just couldnt get a decent weight loss...but i'm happy to say in the past couple of weeks it's started to come off again! So certainly DO NOT give up! It will start coming off again!
  • shellybra
    shellybra Posts: 21
    Options
    IT might as well be me writing that. I hear ye and we all know how you feel. Ive only been on here for a week but already i'm starting to feel better about my self. The people on here all know what your going through and everyone trys to help. Hang in there, give it ago and see how you get on. I know a great motivation to me is having a few people i actually know on here, it creates a health competition, to keep you motivated.

Good luck xx