NSV...and MFP saved me a ton of money. (embarrassing)

Options
kelika71
kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
Thanks to MFP helping me to get in better shape (still have a long ways to go), I saved a ton of money tonight!! I didn't have to buy a new washer and dryer!!

You're going what??

I did a really boneheaded thing today by washing rugs. The first few were fine...but, not the heavy duty ones with the rubber backing. (They should come with a warning!) They were 2 of the long runner kind. The rubber backing marked up the inside of my washer...the center thingy. In the dryer, OMG!! Black marks everywhere!! Come to find out, it's melted rubber!!

Well, here comes the NSV: Prior to MFP, I'd have chucked the set! Thanks to losing weight, being able to use muscles and being more limber, I was able to scrub the inside of both!! The washer wasn't too bad. The dryer had me feeling soooooooooo freakin' claustrophobic, but I was able to get in a squat position and use my muscles to scrub, scrape and clean that sucker!!

Too bad I won't be logging that damn workout!!

Edit: Normally, I wouldn't have posted something like this, but my stupidity earns me the humiliation of this!

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

I was just about to ask, "HOW MANY CALORIES???" :laugh: I'll have to check the MFP exercise database for "Scrubbing washer and dryer, internal, vigorous".
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I LOVED THIS...Good for you for recognizing that you have made some improvements in your life through this. Yes a little embarrassing, but a nice way to realize how much this whole thing can effect all the parts of your life!
  • kelika71
    Options

I was just about to ask, "HOW MANY CALORIES???" :laugh: I'll have to check the MFP exercise database for "Scrubbing washer and dryer, internal, vigorous".

lol If only it were in the database, eh?! I'm sore, for sure, now! My legs and arms are total Jell-O!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

LOL what a great NSV!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is an embrrassing story, but more of an inspirtational story. Superb weight loss, keep up the great job.:tongue:
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Look up "cleaning" under cardio exercise... i think it would count as "vigorous effort" or something, but cleaning is in the exercise log!!
    Well done you!!
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I believe there is an excercise category for cleaning. Or, should it go under strength training with X# of reps of wax on, wax off? Great job! I just bought a new washer/dryer the last day of 2010. I can't even find the spot on the tax form for the write off for high energy efficiency.
  • kelika71
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Seriously, I was looking for poking fun...I certainly earned it with this one.

I don't log cleaning and I didn't have my HRM on, either. lol

@peacehawk, that's clever!! LOL Love it!! :)
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Love the fact that I'm not the only one who would have wanted to just chuck the darn things...Great perspective though and way to OWN it! Love your frank and honest sharing.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    FYI: can start a fire in your dryer duct venting... We were just talking about this on another forum...not only clean your vent trap in the dryer...unhook the hose from the back of the machine.... use a shop vac & a dryer stick to clean the machine from the back...then finally clean the venting that leads to the exhaust with a shop vac....
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Too funny! Thanks for that - I needed a laugh today!
  • lpm3925
    lpm3925 Posts: 39
    Options
    In the words of Charlie Sheen.......Winning!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I'd consider it "squats"
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing! It's amazing the things I do now without even thinking twice when before I wouldn't have even thought about it let alone do it! WTG!!
  • kelika71
    Options
    FYI: can start a fire in your dryer duct venting... We were just talking about this on another forum...not only clean your vent trap in the dryer...unhook the hose from the back of the machine.... use a shop vac & a dryer stick to clean the machine from the back...then finally clean the venting that leads to the exhaust with a shop vac....

Oh, yeah...I'm not running it until everything is checked with the ducts!! That's HIS job! I refuse to go in the attic (spiders)!! lol

I'm certainly paying for my idiocy yesterday! I am soooooooooooo sore today...arms, legs and omg my back!! haha That's what I get for being stupid. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!