Negative Calorie Foods

Options
2»

Replies

• iq5203
    iq5203 Posts: 17
    Options
    This is completely untrue. A lot of the foods you've listed are high in sugar.
  • StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Me and my friend were chatting about this last night I just found this list showing all the foods, also a description of what it means. I still log everything but find this interesting. :)

How it works?
    All foods have a nutrient (carbohydrate, fat, protein), caloric (calories) and vitamin & mineral content. Vitamins stimulate living tissues to produce enzymes that breakdown the caloric nutrients of that food.
    The foods with negative calorie contain sufficient vitamins & minerals that produce enzymes in quantities sufficient to break down not only its own calories, but additional calories from body in digestion as well. This is called "negative calorie effect".

Negative Calorie Vegetables
    Asparagus, Beet Root, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower, Celery Chicory, Hot Chili, Cucumber, Garden cress, Garlic, Green Beans, Lettuce, Onion, Radish, Spinach, Turnip, Zucchini

Negative Calorie Fruits
    Apple, Blueberries, Cantaloupe, Cranberry, Grapefruit Honeydew, Lemon/Lime, Mango, Orange, Papaya, Peach Pineapple, Raspberry, Strawberry, Tomato, Tangerine, Turnip, Watermelon

:smile: I had heard about "Negative Calorie Foods" but never looked up what they were. I appreciate you sharing this list.
    Could you please add the link or cite the source for those of us who would like to read more about Negative Calorie Foods?

• pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    I wish it were true that there were negative calorie foods. Although there are not, there are definately foods that are better for us health wise to eat then others. And there are better ways to prepare our foods as well. Maybe one day they will make a "magic" pill for us. Until then it's logging foods, exercising, and taking care of our bodies...
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Agree with most replies. Negative calories don't exist.

Say your body burns 1200 calories alone without exercise -- technically you could eat 1200 calories worth of hamburgers and burn it all off. But you won't because all the saturated fat, sodium, and sugars will cause high blood pressure and other things.