help I'm freezing, advice needed...

Options
ok, now I need advice, I'm really sick of this, stating from 7pm to 2am, I'm freezing, it's been like this since I started to loose the weight, I'm dressed, have warm soxs, long sleeves, am I'm freezing and even shivering from it, I tried drinking some hot water, nada no help. I can't sleep and makes me aggressive and not a so happy person the next day, please help!!!

Replies

• Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've never heard of that before :( Do you have a heater blanket that you could turn up high so that you're not cold?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein? You may be cold because you are not getting the proper amount of nutrients your body needs to function properly. Maybe a small snack before bed would help too.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Get a matress heater. It makes me happy :)
  • runpiggyrun
    Options
    Oh no that sounds rubbish hun. I have no answers for you but didnt want to read and run......Do you feel unwell?? maybe your coming down with something. Maybe have a check up with the doctor?

xxx
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness! I am dealing with this same thing!!! Especially after a big workout.... like 2-3 hours later it kicks in. Nothing warms me up! I try and explain it to people as being cold from the inside out. I am a nurse and I have no logical explanation for this! It is not like I have lost so much weight that I have lost all fat insulation.... I'm stumped!
  • janetlilley
    Options
    If you are increasing your portions but cutting out fat completely - it won't help. Smaller portions of more complex foods to digest is a better option. Also, whenever you eat anything, your body temperature will rise. I am always cold too. Plenty of warm drinks, rug up and get used to the lower body fat. Hope that helps...
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't really know what to tell you, but i have had 3 friends who had bariatric surgery, and having lost a great deal of weight,
    their biggest complaint was that they were always cold. Always bundled up. sorry, no solution, but it seems to be a side effect of losing a lot of weight.
    All 3 of them have electric matress pads....
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    In the nicest possible way:

"Go to the doctor"

That is all
    :flowerforyou:
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    That was happening to my husband (we are both losing weight) I did a little bit of research trying to figure it out for him.

From the little bit that I did, it sounded like his metabolism had slowed down, which in my mind meant he wasn't eating enough calories in a day. I got him to increase his calories by 200 a day and now it doesn't bother him.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse too, and I can't explain it or find a good reason for this, except loosing fat/insulation, but I'm still at 27% body fat come one... I heated blanket, will have to look into this..

I feel cold in the inside, but it's also a real thing, my hands and feet are so cold in the evening, my boyfriend won't let me touch him, lol
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I get really cold when my iron is low. Starts with hands and feet then moves in from there.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    I experience the same thing. Moving helps. Let yourself shiver like crazy, do 20 jumping jacks, dance like a mad woman. I also agree with watching your nutrition and turning up the heat in your house. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • keinmehr
    keinmehr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    After I lost a lot of weight, I always seem to be cold as well... Maybe this is normal, and I'm just not used to it because I used to be so warm. :tongue:

But since the weight loss, i've also seem to have developed Raynauds Syndrome, where whenever I get cold, my fingertips turn white and get numb... it's really annoying.

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4687

I always have gloves and a jacket with me now.
  • writenina
    writenina Posts: 35
    Options
    i think its because your metabolism is so slow from not eating enough calories... they talk about it in this podcast

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/2011/03/fat-2-fit-121-running-and-weight-loss-plateaus/
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Same here! Yesterday it was 70 degrees outside and inside the house. I had a long sleeve shirt on, a t-shirt over that, jeans and socks and shoes, I was still freezing. While everyone else is in tanktops, shorts and flipflops. I still have the fleece blankets and comforter on the bed at night (hubby hates it). I still have the heater set on 70 at night (hubby hates that too!). It is now almost 10 am, and and 70 degrees inside and my fingers are so cold, it is difficult to type. My hands and feet are so cold all day/everyday. When the hubby is complaining it is too hot, I stick my hands under his shirt on his back, he shivers and is surprised how cold I am. I have yet to figure out why.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I was really cold too and started taking multivitamins and increased my protein intake. I say possible all of the above may have something to do with it. Go to the doctor so they can check your iron and stuff if all that is okay then it may be your calorie intake too. Good luck!