Water

Options
I have had friends that just consume a massive amount of water and lose weight. Is this just a mith or is it the true source for cleansing your system?

Replies

• RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    its true if u hav a lot of water weight. once u shed all of that, drinking water alone duznt cut it. working out nd a healthy diet is wat u really need!
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Ive lost some weight after upping my water intake but i do think i was retaining lots.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    When you fill your stomach full of water, it helps alleviate the hunger and cravings between (and during) meals. I have heard of some people drinking a full glass within a half hour of their next meal to eat less. They also might have eliminated soda from their diet in the process, which can account for 300+ calories a day of intake.

So yeah, you can lose weight drinking water if it affects your calorie intake.
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options
    Drinking tons of water may just mean that they didn't drink other things like soda, milk, juice etc. That would certainly create a huge weight loss even if you did nothing else differently. But the water itself is not causing the weight loss, it just leaves little room for high calorie beverages. That's my take on it because I have managed to become 50lbs over weight in the past four years and all I drink is water and a lot of it, on average 10-12 glasses. It didn't magically block the fat and carbs from the pizza I devoured! LOL. I wish :0
  • Disinte_GratioN
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your comments!
  • lpm3925
    lpm3925 Posts: 39
    Options
    Actually drinking water does aid in weight loss to this extent:
    1) Your kidneys will hold onto extra water if your body is not taking enough in. this is a safe guard against dehydration.
    2) Your kidneys do not function properly unless you are hydrated to correct levels. This means your liver has to filter what your kidneys are not.
    3) The liver working double time cannot help remove toxins from your blood stream. This means less removal of junk stored in fat as the fat is burned, which means less fat loss.
    4) A hydrated system gets your kidneys to work, gets your liver doing what it should be doing, and stops your body from retaining water.
    5) Cutting out all other liquid even diet soda greatly aids in stabilizing not just your blood sugar, but blood ph levels as well.

I have drank nothing but water, 100-150 ounces per day, for the last 7 weeks and feel great! I’m a huge believer in drinking water combined with a good diet and exercise.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Water makes me more hungry. I think there is something wrong with me :-)
  • Disinte_GratioN
    Options
    Good to know Ipm3925!