New size clothes?!?!?!?

Options
I have one of the most frustrating problems when losing weight.....
I can't buy (well....fit) smaller sizes!!!
Now most reading this would just say, well then you're not losing weight, DUH! My problem is between two things. Naturaly wide hips. (No I have not had any children) and DD size chest. Neither of these truly shrink. I am 6'2 and have really big bones. So even though my arms are toning, my waist is whittling away, my thighs are awesome now, and my butt's smaller. I still can't wear jeans smaller than 16 because of my hips or shirts smaller than large (XL in most cases) because of my breasts, Talk about a headache!!!
Anybody else have to deal with this or something similar?
Feel free to laugh, in fact its good for the abs so i encourage it! :laugh:

Replies

• cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My shirts remain a XL as well due to having a large chest! It is hard to find shirts that aren't huge in the armholes and hang off me that can accomodate the ladies as well.
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    I've often heard people say they've lost a size per 10 pounds but that has never been true for me. While my clothes are much looser, I'm not ready for a new size yet????
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It took me almost 30 lbs before I needed new clothes and when I went shopping I was actually down 2 sizes. Odd how things like this happen! Keep at it and you will drop a size!
  • as1789
    as1789 Posts: 46
    Options
    I feel your pain. Good job with the whittling away you have done everywhere else! I've only got one D, but my boobs are a problem too. I tried this dress on a few days ago and a L fit fine EXCEPT in the chest area. I've lost 3 inches there and its still a problem. Sometimes I hate being well endowed. lol. Its gotta get smaller sometime, right?
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I started out size 14 jeans/DD chest...40lbs later, I'm down to 12 jeans and a D chest (and trust me, I'm not overly thrilled with losing a cup size before losing more in my waist!) I also have really wide hips. I can fit into a size 10, but it doesn't look "right" on me yet. Remember too that your chest is mostly fatty tissue, so if you have a lot to lose, eventually you'll start losing there as well.

40lbs is a long way to go just to drop 1 dress size, so trust me, I totally feel your pain...keep at it though and I promise you'll be in a smaller size in no time :)