Wii

Options
I have a wii at home and was wondering what are the good exersize game out there and do they work

Replies

• exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit Plus, Zumba, even just the sports package that comes with it.

And from what I hear, yes they work as long as you stick with it.

The great thing about the Wii Fit, if you have it, is that it not only weighs you but can tell if your balance is off.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    bump
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser Challenge and Wii Fit Plus. I use my heart rate monitor when I play to get an accurate cal burn.
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    Wii Active 2. It is like a personal trainer. Works arms, legs, core and cardio.
  • genielross
    genielross Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit and EA Active 2 are great. I also have the other 2 EA Active games, they are good as well. I like the Active 2 because it has a heart rate monitor. i have heard the Wii Zamba is good, I have tried it yet.
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit Plus and my friend and I just recently discovered that Just Dance 2 is a pretty good workout as well.
  • flowergrl266
    Options
    I play Just Dance 2 with my kids and get a better workout than I do with some of the workout products out there.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have a wii at home and was wondering what are the good exersize game out there and do they work

As stupid as it sounds...JUST DANCE!!!!! It is fun AND burns calories. Its not made to be an exercise game but it is GREAT cardio if you really get into it!! :o) Obviously some of the dances are better than others...Ive found just dance 2 has much better options. Good luck!!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus (much better than the first), EA Sports Active, EA Sports Active 2 (Again, much better than the first), Dance Dance Revolution 3 (I think, it's got the workout / calorie count option)

Yes, they do work depending on your fitness level. I started with the Wii Fit and DDR and they kicked my *kitten*. Now I've out grown them with my fitness level. I use SA2 3 times a week for strength training. It is a very good workout.

I'd love to try the Zumba one.
  • dinareed
    dinareed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit, Wii EA Active, Personal Trainer, Wii Sports and I love Just Dance and Just Dance 2! Stick with it, really push yourself and yes you can see results. The personal trainer isn't as much fun as the sports and dancing. She basically gives you a workout like a personal trainer would. The workouts involve cardio, some weight work, and if you have an aerobic step and a balance ball she will incorporate that stuff as well. I basically use my Wii on the weekends (playing with my kids) or when I don't feel I can drag my butt to the gym.
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    we gt wii fit plus altho the scale on it is soo not reliable the excercises are wonderful i love it we also got the ea sports active 2 and a few other games all give a great work out
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

As stupid as it sounds...JUST DANCE!!!!! It is fun AND burns calories. Its not made to be an exercise game but it is GREAT cardio if you really get into it!! :o) Obviously some of the dances are better than others...Ive found just dance 2 has much better options. Good luck!!

I agree! I have the Wii Fit Plus & Just Dance 2 and the work out for Just Dance 2 is great cardio! And it's a blast! My kids and I have a great time with Just Dance.

Also, we have the Tony Hawk skateboarding game, and that one is pretty fun. Everytime we play that one my legs are really sore!

My son and I are currently doing the Push Up & Plank challenges on the Wii Fit Plus, it's sort of a competition between us to see who can beat our trainer. Anyhow, it's a lot of fun. We've been using the Wii Fit Plus since Christmas (it was a gift to the kids) and everyone in my house has lost weight.
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    We have a Wii where I live but it's not technically mine so I haven't bought any games for it (When I move I can't take it so what's the point!). It only has a couple games, but one is the wii sports that comes standard with all of the systems. I LOVE the boxing on it! I looked it up and if I get into it (which I do!) I can burn upwards of 400 calories an HOUR doing it! In contrast, I walk the 3.5 mile bike path route in a little under an hour and it only burns roughly 350. I usually just do 10-15 minutes of the boxing for about 80-100 calories and my arms usually are sore for a few days afterward. And it's really fun!
  • yestowellness
    yestowellness Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The Michael Jackson Experience will have you sweating up a storm. It's aweome. I love it. And on days when I don't feel like doing anything. I do the Walk it out video.
  • cdoane
    cdoane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I bought Your Shape by Jenny McCarthy for my Wii and i feel i get a good workout in when i do it. Its hands free, which si nice, as you set up a camera and the camera picks up your movements and corrects them, so its like having a personal trainer work with you. And when you pick your workout you can pick parts of the body you want to work on that day, and the workouts will focus on those. The reason i got it was because it is cheaper than the Wii Fit, as you just get the game and camera for like $50!
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    barely anyone ever mentions it but, Golds Gym Cardio workout. It's mostly just boxing, but I average about 200 calories burn for 30 minutes if I keep of the foot work and do the "hardcore prepared workout" Plus it is SO much fun to get the frustrations out!

Also, for the wii fit/fit plus. If you have a rite aid, they sell a lift for the board to use for the aerobic and free step! it's about 4" and if you add it small side lunges while stepping to the side, or knee lifts, and also torso twists you can get one hell of a burn! I do this w/o turning the wii on so I can set a faster pace and burn about 150-200 cal. for 30 minutes. ;)

I also like EA Active but find I get bored with that. Looking forward to Just Dance 2 for the kids and I to do something together. ;)
  • ChristLuvsU2
    Options
    I tried using the Your Shape by Jenny McCarthy for the Wii, but I didn't like how for me it seemed to only focus on my arms, no matter what area of the body I selected for it to focus on. After a 20 minute work out my arms would be so sore that they would be shaking for more than an hour after I was done exercising so I quickly quit using it (maybe when my fitness level is built up some, I'll try it again). I recently purchased The Biggest Loser Challenge, and am loving it. Every exercise day it gives you a different routine and they have different intensity levels, and different fitness plans you can choose from. One exercise day may be more of a Yoga day with a lot of Warrior 1 and 2 poses, chair poses, corpse poses, etc. while another day may be more of a boxing day where you have slips and ducks, tap punches, etc. while yet another day may be a more cardio day with some Yoga, some boxing, and a lot of exercises like jump rope, butt kicks, standing jacks, jumping jacks, and more. You can control the length of your work out. You can also record calories and your weekly weigh in and compete in challenges against computer players. There is a health and lifestyle section which provides tips and recipes. Overall, I greatly enjoy it.
  • Lele71
    Lele71 Posts: 76
    Options
    I have the Zumba game for the wii and I really get a great workout. I also have wii fit plus and Walk it out game. The only thing that I would suggest is that you wear a HRM so you can get a accurate count of the calories you burn playing some of these games. The wii fit plus and walk it out game do list calories burned, but I have found they are not always accurate.
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options

Love Just Dance 2!!!!!! Its always a good laugh as well!!!!!!