Losing inches

Options
I have lost 5 inches round my waist, and only 0.5 from my hips - is this normal?!

My waist is always the last place I put on weight, but it seems odd that I would lose it there, when my top half is about 2 sizes smaller than my lower half anyways!

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The body chooses where it wants to burn fat from without much input from us. All you can really do is keep working so it'll even out.
  • yarnhoarder
    yarnhoarder Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sounds normal, although everyone is different. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred now for 9 days and lost 2 inches in my waist and i think i gained in my hips for some reason. It happens :tongue:
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    I've read somewhere, that the first fat you loss is the last fat you put on... dont know if it's true or not but that's what I read. Seems to be true with me.
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    It's the difference between the body's ability to lose visceral fat versus subcutaneous fat. Visceral fat lies deep in the body, surrounding the organs. Men tend to get this kind of fat more easily in their abdominal areas. Visceral fat is much easier to lose than subcutaneous fat. Women tend to have more subcutaneous fat around their hips/thighs, men tend to carry it on their sides (love handles). Hope this explains why you're experiencing what you are.