What is your favorite exercise class?

Options
Jenn728
Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
I went to Zumba two days ago but was so lost and frustrated that I couldn't keep up.

On Monday I am going to a spinning class to try that (any pointers appreciated :))

What is your favorite exercise class???

Replies

• groucherella
    Options
    Group Power! Here's a clip to it. (hopefully)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji-GwJN6geg
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Body Combat and Kickboxing (basically the same but Combat is more structured by an actual program and not just whatever the instructor feels like doing)

Spin... I love spin... pace yourself... if you feel like you can't keep going, reduce the resistance a bit and keep going... Unless you feel dizzy/faint... ALWAYS KEEP PEDDALING!!!

Hope that helps!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I love anything offered at the YMCA that involves toning/sculpting. Scupt & Burn is my favorite class, or bootcamp (YMCA's might vary in classes offered in different areas tho). I tried a spinning class once and OMG, it was tough. She pushed us hardcore tho and it was an amazing workout!!
  • curlgirl_03
    Options
    Zumba is so fun! When i get "lost" in that class I start making up my own moves lol :tongue: I didn't really like Spinning that much.. MY butt hurt for days after because the seat was too small and hard lol (or maybe my tooshie was just too big... haha)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I love spin class. I love it so much I volunteer to teach it twice a week. I think the best part about it is since it's a 5:45 class I am ready to pass out at 9:00.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Body Combat is my fav. Second best is Zumba
  • groucherella
    Options
    Spinning is good too, I sweat bucket loads in that class - that's how I judge/rate my workouts. By how disgusting I am afterwards!

You can purchase a cheap gel seat at wal-mart for to place on the spin bikes and it does help alot with the sore *kitten* syndrome you get after the class. lol
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Body Combat and Kickboxing (basically the same but Combat is more structured by an actual program and not just whatever the instructor feels like doing)

Spin... I love spin... pace yourself... if you feel like you can't keep going, reduce the resistance a bit and keep going... Unless you feel dizzy/faint... ALWAYS KEEP PEDDALING!!!

Hope that helps!

Oh I wish they offered kickboxing in my area!! I used to LOVE that class when I lived in another state that offered it.
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    Spin is awesome! You might not enjoy it as much the first or second time but by the third time you'll feel like a rock star if the instruction and music is good.

I'm going to try Zumba this week but I'm not very coordinated either so I have a sneaking suspicion that I might not like it.
  • Slavic_Spice
    Slavic_Spice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love zumba, but it does take a few classes to get the hang of it. I have been wanting to try spinning... maybe I'll check it out next week.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    my favourite is step but like zumba theres a lot of moves to get used to so its a case of just keep going and one day it all clicks into place....and until then make it up!

My second favourite is body combat - so much fun but very hard if you actually put the effort in unlike most of the ladies who go to my class!

I hate spin, its a great burn but i find it really boring and i give up because its so hard! i prefer classes where you get to jump around and move and i like step because its like dancing!
  • dannynat
    dannynat Posts: 1
    Options
    ZUmba all the way for me!!! It does take a few classes to get the moves but it is so much fun & certainly makes you sweat !!!
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Be sure to take a big bottle of water to spin class! And, as others have said, give it a couple of chances. The first few times you do it, it will feel really hard! Also, classes differ a lot by instructor, so shop around for a class that you really like if there's some flexibility in your schedule.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Hats off to anyone coordinated enough to handle any kind of class! X-D I can't even do videos. I spend too much time trying to pay attention to where my arms and legs are supposed to go that I feel like I'm robbing myself of a workout by simply doing something (or maybe two or three things) as fast as possible without falling on my face.

Honestly, I'm *that* uncoordinated.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Get a gel seat cover from Wal-Mart for $10. Your tale will be in pain for a few days! But right now spin is my favorite! Zumba is good with the right teacher. Same thing with Advanced Step.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input and tips for spinning! I'm looking forward to it!
  • MoNiCaMaRieV
    MoNiCaMaRieV Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    zumba is the best class ive tooken..it does take a few classes to get the hang of it...i really like turbo kick too..its nice to go to these classes a few times a week.. it gets me off the treadmill, stairmaster, ect..
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Spinning, spinning, spinning!!! With the right instructor, the time flies and you walk out of class feeling like you can take on the world! (of course, you'll need to shower first!)