Protein shake

Options
jessicaa526
jessicaa526 Posts: 3 Member
I just started protein shakes. The shake alone is 120 calories, but you still have to add milk/juice/fruit/yogurt....... By the time I'm done making my shake its 200+ calories and I've been having them for snacks to make me fuller longer. Does anyone have suggestions for low calorie add ins? String cheese snacks just aren't cutting it !

Replies

• jennylynn14
    Options
    I use Beverly International ultimate muscle protein shake in Chocolate, its tastes good with out adding anything to it. Use 8 oz. water and 1 scoop. They also make a cookies and cream and vanilla flavored as well.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I use Beverly International ultimate muscle protein shake in Chocolate, its tastes good with out adding anything to it. Use 8 oz. water and 1 scoop. They also make a cookies and cream and vanilla flavored as well.

This! (meaning a good tasting shake) If you must have an add in, the lowest calorie one I can think of is strawberries or blueberries.
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't do shakes as snacks anymore because of the calories. I usually have one for breakfast or dinner.
    I add ice/water instead of milk helps...
    Also a lower calorie protein powder like Designer Whey.

Greek Yogurt is a great snack!! Filling and yummy!!!
    Banana and a tablespoon of Justin's Chocolate Peanut butter! Yum!
  • jessicaa526
    Options
    I have a vanilla creme.. I guess i'll try it today with just water.
  • h0p3
    h0p3 Posts: 15
    Options
    My shakes include Whey protein, Frozen blackberries, Low-fat yogurt. I'm also in need of a new shake ingredient or snack.
  • jessicaa526
    Options
    My shakes include Whey protein, Frozen blackberries, Low-fat yogurt. I'm also in need of a new shake ingredient or snack.

Mine is also Whey protein. I put milk, strawberry and banana in it yesterday with some ice... than i added up the calories and almost died. I could have had dinner for that amount ! lol
  • mollie6986
    mollie6986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at all the nutrition facts in your protein powder!?? Some contain TONS of carbs and sugars so be careful what your adding into them! Yesterday I went to GNC and got the amplified wheybotic extreme 60 which is only 100 calories and basically 0 carbs/ sugars per scoop. You can mix it with water too!

For mix ins try bananas and peanut butter!! Yummy!!