Missed P90 Workout ?'s

Options
So, yesterday was a rough day in live overall. I cannot let my tribulations interfere with my work out sessions, however that being said I did miss yesterdays work out. So, I did that one this morning. I am now wondering if it's smart to just go ahead and do today's this evening, and then resume back to normal tomorrow. Saturday is my workout day off so if I over do it, I can rest up on Saturday.

What are your thoughts?

oh, if it matters.. I'm in my 3rd week and still doing the 1-2 videos (Tonight's would be sculpt)

Replies

• bennifer96
    Options
    If you feel up to it, I don't see a problem with doubling up. Just make sure you eat a few extra calories that day so you don't crash the next.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Just make yesterday your rest day.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    If you missed Sweat 1-2 & Ab Ripper 100, yesterday ... Why don't you do it before you do 'Sculpt' tonight...Either way - it really doesn't matter I don't think...it's personal preference.
    When I did Power90 - and I missed a day - I would double the next days workout...:flowerforyou:

Best wishes my friend :wink:
  • phitaucox
    Options
    I completely agree w/ bennifer. However, as stated, if you're not feeling up to it, don't even bother, just rest up and hit it hard the next time.
  • Rickopd
    Rickopd Posts: 1
    Options
    I find that making up the missed workout puts my mind at ease. However, It probably really doesn't matter because you can't make up a lost day. But the extra workout does help you burn extra calories and almost make up for it. That's my opinion for what it's worth.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat enough today to fuel an extra workout you should be fine. I've known a few P90 folks who've done that when life got in the way. Others simply adjusted their rest day and still others just tacked it on the end of the 90 days. Whatever you choose, good on ya for making exercise a priority and getting right back to it when you missed one :)
  • clpolk1
    clpolk1 Posts: 27
    Options
    If you missed, say Plyometrics or Kenpo and you want to do one in the morning and one in the evening that is probably ok since one is a cardio. BUT... I would NOT recommend doubling up this early in the program if both work outs involve weights. I am in week 10 of P90X classic and when I miss a work out, I just consider that my day off and continue on with the schedule the next day, picking up right where I left off. Hope this helps. Good luck!!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    You could double it up. If I read your post right, you'll do cardio and sculpt tonight and then cardio tomorrow. That should be fine. I would not do sculpt 2 days in a row.
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    What I would do in that situation is let yesterday be my rest day. And I would just adjust my workouts to make sure I still did 3 of each during this week.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    i did 14 days of p90...then i got sick, which lasted 4-5 days. so after a week off, i am moving on to - i guess day 15...

i am trying to recover some of the time i missed so i intend on doubling up the workouts for a few days...

For example, i doubled up last night's work outs. i will do a single tonight, then double up again tomorrow....and so on...for at least the next week i will be doing this.

not sure it this is a healthy approach though...should i just listen to my body and keep doing it as long as i feel fine? any suggestions?