Replies

• roebuck1908
    roebuck1908 Posts: 185
    Options
    F&*cking Idiots should be drowned at birth
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    SOmetimes dont you just wish for an old fashioned bilblical smiting?
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I agree with Brenda_71. I am a Christian and I don't know one other Christian who supports them and what they do. I don't want to discuss religion either. I just hope that no one thinks this is how all Christians are because no real Christians do what this "church" does. They are very wrong. The Bible says that the words of a person's mouth are a reflection of what is in their heart. I guess that sums up where the Westboro Baptist Church stands.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I live about 10 miles from Ft. Meade and I'm feeling pretty disturbed knowing these people will be so close to my house. A sick part of me is hoping that since the NSA headquarters is there that security will be tighter than ever.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    I live about 10 miles from Ft. Meade and I'm feeling pretty disturbed knowing these people will be so close to my house. A sick part of me is hoping that since the NSA headquarters is there that security will be tighter than ever.

on 295, there is usually a cop on top of the overpass on the NSA employee exit/entrance....today there were several visible ( which makes me think there were even more NOT visible)
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Working for the local police department I can tell you that the Police feel the same way as the rest of us. It's despicable. And I believe they are already planning extra forces in anticipation. Let's hope they are not needed!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am interested in finding out how insanity works. , I am thinking of trying it after I finish P90x. I have 4 1/2 weeks to go and my last weigh in I have lost 12 pds and 9 inches around my waist. P90x is awesome.

LOL!!! Random!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I live in Omaha, NE, which isn't too far from where they are from, so they are up here quite often. They've attempted to protest a couple teachers funerals here, but the supportive crowd and subsequent traffic was so heavy that they never showed.

Essentially what they are are a bunch of lawyers that know that if they push people's buttons, people will do something stupid, and then WBC can sue them and will win. If you ever happen to be near them, don't even talk to them. I heard on the radio that a group tried to be nice to them once by offering drinks and cookies and WBC sued them saying that the cookies were poisoned :noway:.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Holding back my comments re: WBC but AAAAAAARGH.

Absolutely, not sure about that Habs jersey though ;)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm a Baptist and they definitely don't represent what my church believes. I belong to an independent Baptist church and we are very pro-military and actively support military missionaries. God will deal with that hateful group in His own time.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    SOmetimes dont you just wish for an old fashioned bilblical smiting?

:laugh: :laugh: AMEN!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Personally I think they should just arm the kids with SuperSoakers.
  • supersarah14
    Options
    I live 10 min from this school. This is a link to the letter they sent out to parents.

http://www.aacps.org/html/schol/High/letters/11MeadeSchoolsWestboroChurchProtest.pdf

All I know...is that if I had a kid and they went to school there, they would be staying home. Period.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I live 10 min from this school. This is a link to the letter they sent out to parents.

http://www.aacps.org/html/schol/High/letters/11MeadeSchoolsWestboroChurchProtest.pdf

All I know...is that if I had a kid and they went to school there, they would be staying home. Period.

YUP!!!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I have self imposed posting rules;

1. Limit cursing.
    2. Insult no one.
    3. Err to the positive.
    4. Insert humor as often as possible.
    5. Make a point, never argue a point.

That being said,

Them... umm, persons... sure can pay a lot of attorneys fees, and... uh.. yell really loud. And stuff.

I'm sorry. That's the best I could come up with.
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Being from a milatary family and having served myself, I can tell you that they wouldn't want to show up at one of my family member's funeral that had died in action! I would line the street in front of the funeral home with the local high school band and they would drown out any protest with the battle hymm of the republic and the fight song of every branch of service.

Wonder how they would feel if someone showed up at their loved ones funeral shouting hurtful slurs about them?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have self imposed posting rules;

1. Limit cursing.
    2. Insult no one.
    3. Err to the positive.
    4. Insert humor as often as possible.
    5. Make a point, never argue a point.

That being said,

Them... umm, persons... sure can pay a lot of attorneys fees, and... uh.. yell really loud. And stuff.

I'm sorry. That's the best I could come up with.

Love it! These are good rules for life, not just for forum posting LOL
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    IF IT WEREN'T FOR OUR COUNTRY OR OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN, THIS CHURCH WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE FREE TO PROTEST WHAT EVER THEY BELIEVE. FOR THAT, THEY SHOULD BE SHOWING RESPECT.

Schools? Funerals? Etc ...

If they are that upset, the time and place is down in DC in front of the White House. Show our political leaders, not the innocent that are just trying to live and do their job.

It hurts and saddens me the lack of respect this day and age. The funeral protest that went all the way to the Supreme Court and was proved of the Fifth Amendment astonishes me. Yes, you have freedom of speech or protest, but how sad that you had to do it in the wake of a dead man? Why weren't you there when he was alive? I think it's cowardly.

And the rumor to them coming up to a local county in my state to 7 children's funeral that all died in a fire. What is that proving? What are you protesting? Do you have no compassion - the chidlren, the family that still grieves?

All they want is attention. They want to get a rise out of us. The impressive part is the people that have come together in order to shield the families from their protest. The community involvement, the bikers, etc. For that, we should see a possible good out of this chaos.
  • amarie36
    amarie36 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I used to live there and even went to Meade. I still have friends and family on that base so I will pass the message.
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/04/14/hundreds-show-up-at-fort-meade-to-counter-protest-westboro-baptist-chuch/

Hundreds Show Up At Fort Meade To Counter-Protest Westboro Baptist Church

Only a handful of the Kansas group showed up, while hundreds of counter-protesters turned out. The counter-protest came in response to the church targeting students at Fort Meade Middle and High Schools. It’s an extension of the group’s belief that God is killing soldiers as punishment for America’s acceptance of homosexuality.

There were no arrests during the protest, which Westboro Baptist Church members scheduled as a quick stop on their way back to Kansas after an earlier appearance in Virginia.