Motivation

Options
I need to find my motivation!! While I'm at work, I plan to work out but as soon as I get home, I have so much to do I forget about it...any advice will be appreciated...morning workouts are not an option-I have tried getting up early, but that doesn't work!!! Hopefully, since it is getting warmer that will be the motivation I need in the evenings.

Replies

• Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I actually joined Curves recently and I just go after work since it is on my way home. I change my clothes at work before I leave and just do it. There are times when I have to force myself to change into my workout clothes, but once I do, I feel more motivated to workout. I actually tore a ligament in my foot almost two weeks ago and have been dying to workout. That's how easy it is to get addicted to working out once you start. Good luck!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Try righting down everything that you have to do and incorporate your workouts into your daily schedule. That's what i do and it has really helped me. I made it a priority and it was something that I had to do.
    Try it and see how it works for you.
  • Nvanac
    Nvanac Posts: 33
    Options
    You just have to do it don't make it an option. Just like you have to go to work, you have to feed the kids and take care of them etc. Set aside a half hour and just do it. I use to be the queen of excuses to why I couldn't work out. Then I relized it was excuses and I needed to do this for me. Good luck Hun I'm here if you need me :)
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    Here is a great article I read today.

http://walk.walgreens.com/post/why-i-walk
  • AdriGirl
    AdriGirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I finally discovered that working out during the week is just not going to happen. I finally came up with a work out schedule that worked for me. I work out Friday evenings, Saturday mornings (because if I squeeze it in before the day gets going I get it done, and can have fun and I don't get up super early to do it), Sunday whenever I feel like it, and Monday evening. The two weekday evenings aren't too bad, I put them on my schedule at work for 7:00 PM. That gives me a reminder all day that there coming, and I usually look forward to them. Friday night can be tricky, and I did manage once to sneak it in right as I walked in the door from work, because we had plans for the evening. If I am looking for an extra bit of workout mid-week I will go for a walk over my lunch hour.

I hope that helps. Good Luck!
  • JustGila
    JustGila Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Seriously-find someone to work out with you and make a commitment to it. if you bail on yourself thats one thing but if you are bailing on someone else...

find someone to keep you accountable and you can do the same for them.

Good luck and stick with it. I have that feeling ( the "ugh, I so dont want to do this right now" feeling) almost everyday and my workout partner just gives me a little push and it really helps. Now I workout everyday just to keep him off my back. LOL not really but I have just enough motivation that his little push is all i need.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • desirez131
    desirez131 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A pal of mine had the same problem and came up with a great idea. She gets challenges daily on her profile page to get her up and moving, from doing jumping jacks to lunges to side bends, she'll take on any challenge that gets posted on her page. Maybe you can do the same at least until you can do it yourself. Good luck!
  • blcotton
    blcotton Posts: 43
    Options
    Sherry you can do it! it's still really hard for me to even get motivated sometimes. The weather hopefully will help though, I know when its nice outside like today I always go walking 4 miles at nana's house and I get Kayla to walk with me. I like the idea about challenges being posted to your profile page...that might be a good idea for you and for me!

How do you get challenges posted on your profile page though? idk.

Love you:)