New, have a lot to lose, and need friends :)

Options
Hi. I'm new here and I've just recently found the My Fitness Pal app for my blackberry, which led me to this site. I'm quickly falling in love with it! After years of dieting and then gaining the weight back.. PLUS...I'm starting again. I had a couple of rough years recently and I comforted myself with food once again. I want to finally beat this dysfunctional addiction I have.

I joined a gym yesterday and was horrified that I could only do 3 minutes on the elliptical machine and 10 minutes on the treadmill today. I'm trying to stay positive and tell myself that those numbers will only improve and it's 13 more minutes than I would have done if I hadn't started. I also got an introduction to the weight machines and I'm very excited to begin working out on those also.

I'm still new at this and I'm still not making the healthiest choices, but I am trying to stay under my calorie count each day. Today I made a philly cheese steak and used real mayo on it because I just couldn't imagine it without that. When I had to count those 90 calories, though, it really made me think that I should be looking at some alternatives. I know I won't get very far if I don't actually LIKE the food I'm eating, so I'm still searching for that happy moderation where I enjoy the food but it's healthy and fits in with my weight loss goals.

I need friends that I can grab good ideas and inspiration from :)

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Look around the forums, there are tons and tons of threads that will help you out. Lots of food ideas too!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    If you want someone who will walk beside you on this journey, and not chastise you for doing it wrong or poorly, but will cheer for you when you do it right and consistent, then add me as a friend. I offer my support and friendship to those who are trying. I do not expect perfection, just effort! Good luck with your journey!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    request sent!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    If you want someone who will walk beside you on this journey, and not chastise you for doing it wrong or poorly, but will cheer for you when you do it right and consistent, then add me as a friend. I offer my support and friendship to those who are trying. I do not expect perfection, just effort! Good luck with your journey!
    I feel the same way, welcome to the site and feel free to add me. I screw up sometimes too...especially today.:noway:
  • kiisha_11
    kiisha_11 Posts: 55
    Options
    Welcome To MFP!
    You will love this site. It is very entertaining and the people on here is just amazing. And the best thing of all you can find a weight loss buddy.
    Good Luck to you!!!
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome this is a great site for inspiraiton and motivation. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your weightloss journey. I'll take this trip with you!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Welcome to the site! It is a great place to get motivation and support! We all had to start somewhere and the first step is the most important. I joined in January, but have really only been serious about it the last month. I was in the same place you are and could only do a few minutes on the elliptical, but just keep going and it gets better! I sent you a friend request!
  • oxyjenic
    oxyjenic Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks legacysh. You're definitely inspiring. I've lost the 100 lbs before but have NEVER kept it off for 5 years. This time it will happen. :)