(a little embarrassed) stretch marks?

Options
Elzecat
Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
So I noticed tonight while changing out of my workout clothes that I have what look like stretch marks on the very tops of my thighs...I have lost almost 12 pounds in about 4 or 5 weeks, but not sure if this is a result of losing that weight or all the exercise I've been doing or ???

anyone else experience this? they're obviously hidden by my clothes most of the time, but I don't know if I should be concerned about anything...

Replies

• DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am 20 and since I have been exercising I have noticed little ones between my thighs, I am 151lbs and I haven't lost much weight yet but didn't have them before. I wouldn't worry about them... they are yours own them :)
  • beautifulmonstr
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is the same situation, since you noticed the stretch marks after losing weight, but when I hit my HW I noticed a bunch of little stretch marks on the tops of my thighs. They are starting to fade a bit as I am losing weight. I am not too concerned and if they are still there once I reach my GW I will try some products to get rid of them. I heard Bio Oil is the best.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever met a person that does not have them
  • oxyjenic
    oxyjenic Posts: 18
    Options
    After having kids and my yo-yo dieting throughout the years, I can't even remember a time when I haven't had stretch marks. I have read, though, that drinking lots of water adds elasticity to the skin, so you might want to drink even more while you're losing so quickly.
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ah, this does tend to happen, dear. Your skin is adjusting to your weight loss, and though you may notice more as you keep losing, they will eventually fade a bit from what they are now. Weight loss as well as weight gain is responsible for stretch marks. They are also sometimes completely unavoidable, being a hereditary trait of your skin. People who have been a consistent, healthy weight have them too, so don't be embarrassed!
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Try moisturizes with shea butter and coco butter or other moisturizers targeted at pregnant women. They really help with stretch marks.
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

i second this..
  • Mommyto3inAz
    Options

i second this..

And if we meet someone who doesn't we should all beat her up :p
    It is definitely from losing weight, your skin was stretched before and that's whats's left behind :(
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i have some on my stomach that are fading, and some new little ones that are coming in from losing weight. i'll probably never be able to wear a bikini, but i'll look damn good in a tankini =).
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    and doesn't it make you feel good knowing that kylie minogue has cellulite
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    don't be embarrassed! I, like another mentioned, don't remember NOT having them! And I'm only 24..... :/
  • ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    I have them as well (I'm only 19). I believe mine are from growing up. I have them on my hips and thighs. I can't ever remember a time I haven't had them actually. They are almost all faded now though and hardly noticeable. If you're worried try a skin firming lotion or cream - I use Jergen's Skin firming lotion (at walmart pretty cheap for a good sized bottle). I also just bought a St Ives skin firming lotion. IDK how that works yet. The jergens one makes my skin appear softer and smoother. the stretch marks also seem more faded than before.

great job on your weight loss!
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I would not worry about stretch marks at all. Trust me - no one is really looking anyway!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have them too. Loads on my inner thighs. I've noticed that they are less noticeable when I'm a little tanner. But sadly, I'm a ginger and don't tan well. :(
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    Like others have stated must of us have stretch marks. I gained mine through pregnancy. Mine are not only on my inner thighs but my arms and tummy as well.So count your blessings. LOL. I heard Jillian Micheals say one time (even she has em) " think of stretch marks as a reminder of what you once were" or something like that...so be proud of what you are losing and dont worry about the little things. :bigsmile: I know it is hard as I am very self-contious of mine, but I will get past it once I have the rockin' bod!!!!
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    May I also just add that my husband, who has NEVER EVER been overweight in his life, also has stretch marks on his bottom and lower back of all places. They are just a natural part of life. Don't worry please. Just be glad that you are working on living with a healthy weight, eating healthy food and engaging in healthy activity :flowerforyou:
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options

i second this..

It is definitely from losing weight, your skin was stretched before and that's whats's left behind :(

I'm in!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    They may have been there before and you just didn't notice them. I've noticed some of my old stretch marks are more visible now...makes me wonder wtf but I know that things are moving, changing and shrinking so I'm not worried.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options

i second this..

I've never been overweight and I started getting them at 14 just from growing too fast. Stupid genes! They are not attractive at all!
  • dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have horrid ones on my tummy , when having my 1st child i was so slim and didn't have stretchy skin and well they actually ripped open and split bleeding i had to have special ointment for them but that didn't really make no odds ......they are just part of me and have learnt to live with them :)