My 1st NSV: Self-Control

Options
alpepp
alpepp Posts: 55 Member
I overcame my first episode of stress eating today since starting up two weeks ago. Emotional/stress eating is what got me into the current state of affairs so this was pretty huge.

After a long 9 hour day at work, I had an Accounting exam across town and then try to make it to Zumba in less than an hour and a half. As I was halfway to my exam, I realized I had to turn back around and hit the ATM to pick up the cash for the correspondence fee, making me even later. As I was driving to the school to take the exam, I passed all the places I would have previously stopped for a stress snack - Taco Bell, Whataburger, Starbucks, Mc Donalds. Instead, I drove straight there, took the exam, drove to the gym and made into Zumba only five minutes late.

Learning that I have control over what goes into my body is an amazing motivator.

Replies

• mcmcat13
    mcmcat13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Its a wonderful feeling to have self-control and realize what you are doing! :) Good luck with your weight loss journey! :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Great job! One step at a time!
  • cc2r1511
    cc2r1511 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! Eating because of stress (or to feel better) is something I am trying to control. So far, I have lost 21 pounds by trying to control it! Good luck on your journey!
  • tracipaulson
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! Baby Steps!!!!!
  • tpepp
    tpepp Posts: 2
    Options
    That's my girl! You can be so "determined" to do so many things, it's about time that you decided to be determined about taking care of yourself! Love ya and I am VERY proud of ya!! Before you know it you'll be driving past those same places in your cowgirl get-up headed to the club to dance the night away!!! Can I go too? ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!