How to cure addiction to food?

Options
I'm addicted to food! How can you just start a diet all of sudden and then not eat all your favorite foods??? I guess I love food to much. Help!!!

Replies

• Biggie35
    Options
    I'm addicted to food! How can you just start a diet all of sudden and then not eat all your favorite foods??? I guess I love food to much. Help!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Cut portion sizes. You definitely don't want to deprive yourself all together or you will go back to your old ways.
    Also, try to find ways to prepare those foods with less fat and calories.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Cut portion sizes. You definitely don't want to deprive yourself all together or you will go back to your old ways.

I agree! Cutting foods cold turkey will only result in binging! Also, I started using a salad plate instead of dinner plate and now sometimes, I use a saucer! Does wonders:) Good luck!
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

I am the same as you.......going from eating things that I love to eating cottage cheese and yogurt isn't easy.......when i start a new way of eating i start by trying to make things healthier and cut back on the things that just can't be made healthier :).....although i have to say if i start an excersise routine at the same time I am much more motivated to eat better because of the work i put into the workouts...so the better eating kind of falls into place.....not to say i don't have set backs or binges but instead of letting them last months i try to get back on the horse the next morning.......i am an all or nothing kind of person.....i either go at it 100% or totally mess it up after one cheat.......I have to learn it isn't the single cheat that messes me up...it is the days, weeks, months of it afterwards.......I often think of something I heard on the dr.phil show quite a while ago....."nothing tastes as good as thin feels"......so I try to remind myself of that :).....anyways good luck to you and your journey of losing weight and getting healthy :)......
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I still eat all of my favourites... i still eat cheese, pizza, cake, cookies, ice cream and chocolate. I just don't eat large amounts of them EVERY day. :flowerforyou:
  • logiesmom
    Options

Finally somebody I can relate to. I feel the exact same way. I also have a massive sweet tooth and I feel like I have to have something sweet to eat after lunch and dinner. It is killing me I know, but it's like I can't control it.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I agree! Cutting foods cold turkey will only result in binging! Also, I started using a salad plate instead of dinner plate and now sometimes, I use a saucer! Does wonders:) Good luck!

<high five>
    I did the same thing!! I got rid of all my "regular" size plates and now use salad plates. It makes you think you are eating a lot more than you are but you still keep your portions under control!