New to MFP and doing Keto

Options
Hi MFP pals,
I've been a member for a few weeks now and I have been enjoying the site a ton! It's amazing how much more aware you can be by just simply tracking your food intake. I'm doing a Ketogenic diet and would LOVE new ideas for foods, recipes, support and such (for anyone doing keto you know how hard it can be to ignore all the carbs that lurk around every corner, from your office to your kitchen). I look foward to making some new friends, having the opportunity to encourage and support them and finishing off the 100lb goal I set for myself last October. 62 lbs to go!

Replies

• CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    We will have to find some recipes for you! I cook off the top of my head (as you know) so we shall have to dig for some other ones. Keep it up you are doing fantastic!
  • loveablejanie
    Options
    lo! Thanks for being the ONLY one to reply so far :) I found those few but you are a GREAT cook (even if it's off the top of your head). I need to go to the grocery store lol! hurry up and get healthy, finish your bulking and keto so you can eat with me. I think one of the reasons I don't always eat is because I hate eating alone. Go figure. Lets flip through the ones I put in the Keto binder and see if we can get the stuff to make a few dishes for next week :D Thanks for the encouragement, every little bit makes me wants to work that much harder. I may even excercize at the gym while im in AZ. See you soon :D
  • tlevinski
    tlevinski Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keto works great if you stick to mind over matter and don't "idolize" carbs. I was getting bloated & making slow progress on eating carbs while cutting so I switched to keto and my body feels so much lighter & clean. I don't advocate the heavy dosage of saturated fats that most people use in keto. One topic to research is Medium chain fatty acids found mostly in coconut & palm oil! They'll improve you're ketosis. I tried eating cheeses, fatty meats, full fat dressings and I felt awful! Here is a layout of my diet plan.

Meal 1: 4 egg whites + 2 whole eggs* you can use cheeses (Brie is 0 carb)

Meal 2:1/2 c. 2% cottage cheese + 1 tablespoon Barleans total omega oil Lemonade flavor+ 1 scoop vanillla isolate protein. Mix some coconut milk in to blend and it tastes like lemon pie.

Meal 3: Lean grilled chicken breast

Meal 4: Grilled Sockeye salmon + 1 oz crushed macadamia nuts as crust

Meal 5 (post workout): 2 scoops whey isolate protein

Meal 6: 100 grams 80/20 hamburger + 2 tablespoons bleu cheese dressing

Other great alternatives: avocados, coconut milk, walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts. I eat veggies because there isn't a supplement that has the same benefits of the vitamins in natural foods. I do however supplement with fiber, fish oils, CLA, ALA, borage oils ect. Plus your body's metabolism goes UP when you divide your meals up and eat every 2-3 hours since it is working harder to digest food all day. Hope this helps you! check out bodybuilding.com articles on keto!
    44236 Posts: 28
    Options