drive in movies tonight

Options
lilwashee
lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
ok so normally at the drive in you stuff your face so this is different for me ,i am taking my daughter and her friend tonight and i want some yummy snacks that do not kill the calorie and fat bank any suggestions????

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Junior Mints!!
  • Lucky79z28
    Options
    Try popcorn with no butter or salt! Kind of bland but you can eat all you want!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yogurt covered raisins
    Grapes/berries
    Popcorn you make at home, no butter or salt
    Veggie sticks
    Baked chips
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Veggies, popcorn cakes, 100 calorie snacks, yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, fruit.

Have fun and just log whatever you decide to have!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I like popcorn with "I Can't Believe it's not Butter Spray". I like to eat popcorn with hot tamales, the cinnamon candy, it tastes like popcorn balls.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yogurt covered raisins
    Grapes/berries
    Veggie sticks
    Baked chips

Excellent ideas!! Yeah, the popcorn is bland at first, but after a couple bites you start to taste the natural sweetness.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yogurt covered raisins
    Grapes/berries
    Veggie sticks
    Baked chips

Excellent ideas!! Yeah, the popcorn is bland at first, but after a couple bites you start to taste the natural sweetness.

Right?! I haven't eaten anything on my popcorn in months, it's SO good plain if you get the good stuff. I buy kernels in bulk and pop it on the stovetop, SO SO SO much better than microwaved stuff. :smile:
  • emilex
    emilex Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well, first of all I love drive in movies and I so wish we had one close to me so I could go!
    Jelly Beans are about 100 calories in 1 serving which is about 25 jelly beans. I love Jelly Bellies
    sour patch kids are about 140 calories for 1 serving. (which is about 16 items)
    popcorn that you make yourself on the stove with no butter
    trail mix
  • lilwashee
    Options
    OK THOSE ALL ARE GREAT IDEAS NOW WHAT ABOUT THE CHOCOLATE PART OF THAT THE KIDS WILL BE HAVING CHOCO WHAT CAN I MAYBE HAVE I HAVENT CHECKED OUT CHOCO OPTIONS EXCEPT ICE CREAM BUT I CAN NOT TAKE THAT WITH ME
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you want to bring chocolate, I'd make it something small and individually wrapped, so you'll be less likely to overindulge: Hershey's kisses or miniatures are good.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    ok so normally at the drive in you stuff your face so this is different for me ,i am taking my daughter and her friend tonight and i want some yummy snacks that do not kill the calorie and fat bank any suggestions????
    I grew up in a country that had neither a drive-in theater nor a movie theater so I thought it was a lot of fun to take my wife (RIP) and children to the movies. What has always struck me as odd, though, and I see that you've alluded to it, is that "at the drive in you stuff your face".

Rather than listing off "yummy snacks", allow me to suggest that you take the opportunity to ingest zero calories and set a good example for your passengers by not eating anything.
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I agree! when I am home I love to munch on popcorn while watching a movie. But at the theatres I am so engrossed in the experience that I don't even think about eating!
  • lilwashee
    Options
    its two movies i will be leaving the house at 6 pm and not returning till 1 am i must eat .thanks for all the suggestions o hersheys sound good lets see if i can find a mini pack
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can't see a movie without goodies! I can't see DWTS or IDOL without sum kinda snack! That would be a bummer....especially at the drive in! lol

Ok these aren't probably the best choices, but these would be things I may take with me if I were going to the drive in......

..M&Ms with pretzels inside.(less calories than regular M&Ms)
    ..Beef Jerky (watch for sodium though)
    ..Fresh Fruit container (homemade or purchased) with cantelope, pineapple, apples, grapes, watermelon.....and fresh squeezed lemon juice on top and chili powder....wooooweeeee!!! Cut all bite sized so you can just munch away.
    ..rice crispy treats (but don't over do it)
    ..trailmix (don't over do it)
    ..crushed ice with ur favorite sugarfee drink.
    gives u something sweet to cruch on. :)

What i would do to not feel so "guilty" is do sum extra exercise that day & eat a light breakfast & lunch. During intermission a little walk wouldn't be too bad either.

Our drive in doesn't open for a few weeks so I'm kinda excited now that I saw your post, I cant wait to go again. :)

I USED TO take little ceasars pizza, a ice chest full of soda pop, candy bars and homemade popcorn drenched in Orville Reddenbacher Butter flavored topping........so my new choices are a lot better than before. lol