Motivation, where are you going?

Options
I feel my motivation slowly slipping away. How do ya'll stay motivated to get up and workout in the mornings? What are ya'lls little secrets? I've never been a morning person but I want to get up and workout in the mornings. I know I'll feel better after I work out, it's just the actual making myself workout part that gets me.

Replies

• rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My motivation is slipping too. But I really think it is because I am bored.
  • AmberRose0319
    Options
    I am too. I finally found a friend to workout with me. She's going to join the gym Saturday. So hopefully that'll help get my motivation back up.
  • MzChiz
    MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I normally do classes that I love and don't want to miss. Kickboxing, cycling etc.
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom with two jobs so I take advantage of my early morning workout as my ALONE TIME. I put on my headphones and go into MY world for 20 whole mins!!!
  • SkinnyOat
    SkinnyOat Posts: 28
    Options
    I feel the same way. Been going up and down with the same 10 pounds for, what feels like, forever. Signed up for a 5K in two months to motivate me. That usually helps me get back into the swing of things.
  • lmclaine
    lmclaine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am struggling too. I had so much success so fast, almost 30 lbs in 3 months but I have really hit a wall and feel my motivation slipping--especially to exercise. I was so strict on my eating choices and I relaxed that a bit (I have to have fries rather than veggies sometimes). I HAVE to fight through it but I'm struggling. I'm not ready to throw in the towel but I definitely don't have the "eye of the tiger" that I had when I started.
  • thedons
    thedons Posts: 41
    Options
    i think we all lose our motivation every now & then. i find sometimes i have to insist upon working out , telling myself that even just 15 mins is better than none. usually what happens though is i do the 15 mins & more. once i get started i feel great. i know its the getting started that is the hard part but i think of why i want to do it in the first place & the reason always comes out a winner. its plain & simple - if i dont do it, nothing will change & once ive done it, you cant help but feel good about it.
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    Savor the feeling of accomplishment you have after completing an intense workout. Remember that feeling and use it to motivate you when you don't feel like exercising.
  • AmberRose0319
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm really trying. I didn't do my whole workout this morning but I did do half of it and I plan to do more tonight. I'm trying to push through it. I've just got to keep telling myself that I'm the only one that can make myself do this. Thank you to everyone for the encouragment! Feel free to add me(:
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I used to use a trick to get myself going in the morning that, now that I think about it, I'm going to start again. Lately I've been doing my exercise after work, but then lots of excuses come up - appointments, tiredness, errands, etc. SOOooo... My trick:

I use my cell phone as my alarm. I set the "snooze" to be only 1 minute. I put the phone inside one of my running shoes. I put my shoes and outfit across the room.

Result? (1) I have to get out of bed to turn it off or hit snooze. (2) The fact that it's IN my shoe makes it a little more difficult to find, so by the time it's in my hand I'm at least half awake. (3) Even if I hit snooze, I know it's going to go off again in 1 minute, so I might as well just get up. (4) Everything is prepared and right at hand to just go, so there's no excuse!

Just make sure that your alarm setting is loud enough to hear it :tongue:
  • AmberRose0319
    Options
    I used to use a trick to get myself going in the morning that, now that I think about it, I'm going to start again. Lately I've been doing my exercise after work, but then lots of excuses come up - appointments, tiredness, errands, etc. SOOooo... My trick:

I use my cell phone as my alarm. I set the "snooze" to be only 1 minute. I put the phone inside one of my running shoes. I put my shoes and outfit across the room.

Result? (1) I have to get out of bed to turn it off or hit snooze. (2) The fact that it's IN my shoe makes it a little more difficult to find, so by the time it's in my hand I'm at least half awake. (3) Even if I hit snooze, I know it's going to go off again in 1 minute, so I might as well just get up. (4) Everything is prepared and right at hand to just go, so there's no excuse!

Just make sure that your alarm setting is loud enough to hear it :tongue:

That is a great idea! See my mom also joined the site. She would like to get up in the morning and workout. but Like I said, I've never been a morning person. When I was going to the gym on a regular basis I was going at night because then I had the time to go and stay as long as I want and do what I wanted. I can't go in the mornings because I have to be here when my sister gets up. I'm not currently working, I'm just keeping 3 kids until my sister goes to school in August. I think my whole routine will change then! Thank you all for support, Ideas and encouragement.
  • abbychick
    abbychick Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I joined a new gym that I'm really loving. It's brand new and really gorgeous and has so much more than what I had before. I think change is always good!
  • PecanTanDiva
    Options
    I'm sooooooo Loving your rewards!!!! This is a great way to stay on track, especially shoes.
  • PecanTanDiva
    Options
    I normally do classes that I love and don't want to miss. Kickboxing, cycling etc.

I'm sooooooo Loving your rewards!!!! This is a great way to stay on track, especially shoes