TOM issue ?

Options
I dont know if this diet related or not...ive always had my period 5 days and around the same time. The one I just had was a few days late and only lasted two days. Ive never had that happen ever. I had my tubes tied a year and a half ago so I doubt I could be pregnant. Im wondering if maybe my diet has caused this but I have dieted before and lost 43 poundss and never had this problem. Has anyone had this happen? I also cramp way more since my tubal with sharp pains in my ovaries sometimes. I just dont know if its my diet or something more wrong.

Replies

• HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes, excerising and changing your diet does affect your cycle... very athletic women sometimes do not even have their TOM but every few months. You could always go to the doc just to be sure, but doubt your pregs considering tied tubes is 100% affective.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I hate periods so I'm not going to use any in this entire post Sorry I don't have an answer :wink:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I think with your other symptoms it would be wise to seek medical opinion on this, being sterilised can cause a difference and so can dieting but just wiser to see your Dr to rule other possible causes out
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Have you recently (within the last 2 months) began exercising or increased intensity/duration of exercise?

New ways of treating your body produce new reactions inside your body. Not only will you become more fit and lean and lose weight, your body is also prone to freak-out reactions, like "what is going on!!! AHHHH"

A late, short, or non-existent period is a 'normal' reaction to your body freaking out from any kind of change. It is a little odd for you, I know, but you can always take a preg.test to be absolutely certain (though I also doubt it, like you) and just continue on how you are.

In the best result, the new you (better food, more activity) has created a shorter, lesser period that you can enjoy til menopause, yay! :happy:

EDIT- didn't read the increased cramping. That doesn't sound like a normal reaction to healthiness shock. I'd give your practitioner a call and just ask if it is something you need checked out on. :( Feel better soon.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Age. Sometimes women start peri-menopause in their 40s. Cycles start to change, adjust and get messed up in your 40s. So if you're not in your 30s anymore it's most likely a hormone shift of some sort. Start tracking your periods and talk to your doctor after tracking long enough to talk about changes in your cycle.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My mom had her tubes tied year and years ago and her periods lasts about 3 days max.

regarding your pain I'd check it out with your doctor. I'm pretty sure the length of your period has to do with your tubal.
  • liyahxoxo
    liyahxoxo Posts: 78
    Options
    this happened to me when I started exercising more. I'm sure that's the issue I don't think it's anything to worry about !
  • liyahxoxo
    liyahxoxo Posts: 78
    Options
    this happened to me when I started exercising more. I'm sure that's the issue I don't think it's anything to worry about !
  • sociable15
    Options
    A number of things can affect your period, including a new diet. Also any added stress can shorten it or make it late. Caused me to skip one month entirely (gotta love grad school...). However, the pain might be a sign of something else so maybe checking in with the doctor is needed about that.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    nevermind--I see you're in your 20s still. Start tracking and talk to your doctor after tracking for a few months.
  • ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had my tubes tied also and my period went from 2 or 3 days to 6 or 7 and with more cramps. Also, mine is usually right on time but lately it can be early or late and even had 2 in one month. I'm tracking mine now to see if I need something to regulate them and they checked me for fibroids and everything was fine. I would check to make sure it's nothing serious but if you're in your 40's there will be changes.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yes, excerising and changing your diet does affect your cycle... very athletic women sometimes do not even have their TOM but every few months. You could always go to the doc just to be sure, but doubt your pregs considering tied tubes is 100% affective.

My sister was born after my mom had her tubes tied..not sure how but it's not 100%. I do agree that diet & exercise affect TOM though.. mine has started to change recently and I'm definitely attributing it to diet.