Calories

Options
How do I track the exercise but not add it into my calories? I don't want to eat what I just worked off.

Replies

• thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    woah you are about to get an ear (eye) full......... this can get ugly. lol
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You can't. You're supposed to eat your exercise calories. If you don't, your body may not get enough nutrition and it won't function properly.

If you absolutely insist on not eating back exercise calories just input your exercise after you've completed your food for the day.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You should, it is the way the program is set up. MFP's calorie goal is so that you lose your goal amount of weight/week without exercise. In order to meet your goal, if you do workout, is to eat your exercise calories. This program works and not eating these cals would be like joining weight watchers and not counting points, as counting points in WW is key in the program, such as is eating all of your calories on MFP.
  • muncharoo
    muncharoo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    just eat your goal calorie. ignore the earned calorie it is seperated. then you would be under you calorie goal each night...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    just eat your goal calorie. ignore the earned calorie it is seperated. then you would be under you calorie goal each night...

I would not recommend this but it is your body and you can do as you please.
  • Enron81
    Enron81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you allow yourself too few calories, your body will start to hold onto the fat! If you eat 1200 calories and burn 500 with exercise, you've technically only eaten 700 calories. You need to eat what MFP tells you!