Haven't lost a darn pound

Options
2»

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    There could be so many reasons why you are not showing a weght loss this week.

* The time of day you weigh
    * What you consumed before your weigh in - 1 litre of water weighs 2 lbs. It's super easy to drink a litre of water during a workout.
    * Water retention
    * Sodium intake
    * Time of the month
    * Muscle gain

Don't give up. It's only been a week. You will more than likely hit these non loss weeks plenty of times throughout your journey. Eating well and exercising are the biggest steps. Keep going. You should take measurements as well. That way when you do hit one of these non-loss weeks, you should see some results in your measurements to keep you motivated.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly normal. Some people lose a load in the first few weeks and reach a plateau before then moving on to a steady weight loss. Others stall right at the start and suddenly have it start to shift days or weeks on. Stick with it, it does work!

I second the suggestion you open your diary so we can give an informed opinion.
  • Mandi1968
    Mandi1968 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't be discourgaed you are heading in the right direction. Weight loss is different for all of us. I know for me, I was already eating within my calorie range so I know it is going to take longer to see those pounds mellt away. However, I am on my 15th day and while the scale has barely moved, my jeans do feel better! Stick with it!!! :)
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi there....give it some time. We are all different when it comes to losing weight. Are you measuring? it's possible you are losing inches. Can't view your food diary but how's your water intake? Are you eating enough calories? There are so many factors in losing weight. Just be persistent and keep doing what you are doing and you will see results. Greatest luck to you:) You can do this!!!