30 Day Shred Help!!!

Options
I just found the video(level 1) on exercisetv on demand and I survived through it today.:tongue: I do not have an HRM that calculates calories burned, just my 'zone' and heart rate,:cry: so until I get another HRM, I have to use MFP's database to get my exercise cals. For all you experienced 30 day shredders, how should I log this in for the time being?:huh:

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Circuit training
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    circut training or calisthetics
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I log it as 20 minuts of circuit training.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I logged it as circuit training, but it overestimates what i actually burn so if i do the shred w/o my monitor, i lower the # of minutes added to balance it out a bit.
  • goose619
    goose619 Posts: 4
    Options
    It
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Log it under "Circuit Training", but keep track of the time you're working out.....It is 20 minutes of actual circuits, but with the warm up and cool down it's more like 27 minutes total!
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    It burns about 250 calories per session
  • musicoflife08
    Options
    I too have wondered this. Great post!
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I too log it as 20 minutes circuit training.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    yep...circuit training here too. I only used to log 20 minutes of circuit training vs the 25-ish...I found that to be closer once I did get an HRM.

Happy shredding!!!
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    when i first did it, i logged it as calistetics (sp), but for 25 minutes, i think b/c it's not really only 20 minutes. i now have a HRM, and it's pretty spot on with what i was logging pre-HRM.
    it's tough, good job getting through it!! it does get more fun, too, i think. level 3 is my fav.
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i log it as circuit training too but as far as cals burned its tough to just figure out because of age/height/weight etc. I only burn 192 and I saw someone put 250. It also depends on how hardcore you are about it. so just beware. I would always go with the lower calculation though until you get the new hrm
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yeah, circuits. When I started I was burning about 225 - 280 kcal, I'm 5'2'' and I started at 160lb. Now I only burn about 185 at best...
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yeah, circuits. When I started I was burning about 225 - 280 kcal, I'm 5'2'' and I started at 160lb. Now I only burn about 185 at best...
    This is me exactly! Thank y'all soooo much. I was in pain for awhile but I felt great once it was over of course(wow, that sounded like a bad sexcapade):noway: , but my height is 5'1.5 and I'm right at 158.something, it has been fluctuating lately and I really wanted to change up my routine from just the stationary bike and weight lifting(at home) to something a little more challenging. So I guess I'll log in 25 minutes and go from there. Can't wait to get that new HRM and a digital camera so I can FINALLY put up some progress pics and a pic for my user name. I am so stoked. Thanks everybody once again!:love::love: :love: