Frustrated... Number not moving

Options
Going on my third week now where my weight has not changed. I am at or slightly below my calorie count and I make a point of doing some kind of physical activity everyday.

However, I have noticed some other changes. Like my watch is now too loose and I had to take it in another notch, the pants that I bought in September for my new job now practically fall off if I am not wearing a belt and my wedding ring is not as uncomfortable to wear as it was.

I know that these are all NSV and that I should not fixate on the numbers on the scale, but it sure is frustrating to be doing all this work and not see that one number you want to go down, move!:sad:

Replies

• TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    You could be putting on muscle, which weighs more than fat, which would explain why you're seeing physical changes rather than changes on the scale. It's better to track progress by measurements of your body than it is to track weight really.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat! I gained 4.5 pounds in a week after moving to much heavier weights and I have only lost .5 pounds 3 weeks later! My clothes are falling off me and I can SEE the change - but it would sure be nice to see the scale move :grumble:

I am reducing the intensity of my workouts this week and giving myself another 100-150 calories to eat. Hopefully it will help.

Keep the faith - we KNOW we are doing right by ourselves, even if the scale isn't cooperating!
  • Bonnie1974
    Options
    Keep up the work your doing, sometimes you will lose weight and the scale will go down and other times it will be inches. I am learning that too, after a week of stalling. (and Muslce does weigh more)

You see the changes becus your watch is moving around now... thats a sign...

Keep it going.. stay strong...
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I know how frustrating that is. My number on the scale hasn't moved in over a week and I wish it would. I can see a difference in my tummy and I know I've gained some muscle mass but it doesn't make it less frustrating. Keep up the hard work though and it will continue to pay off!
  • Beefyg
    Beefyg Posts: 27
    Options
    It sounds like you are losing inches! That is good! For me, I changed the way I eat and I have started shedding lbs. I have worked cardio and weight trianing for about a year and wasn't seeing any differences. I cut calories and still my weight did not change. I was introduced to "clean eating" and the first week I lost 5lbs. Plus I felt full all of the time. I eat something about every 3 hours. It really is amazing. Just cut out anything that is has been processed.

Good luck!!
  • le07
    le07 Posts: 3
    Options
    your fat might be turning to muscle due to the exercise?
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The muscle building thing makes sense because I have been doing a lot of outrigger canoe paddling. This not only is a great cardio workout; done properly, it also works most of the large muscle groups (Lats, Pecs, Quads & Glutes).

Hopefully soon I'll start to see the number on the scale drop as my muscle building starts to stablize.