Dont let the scale dictate how you feel.

Options
krise31
krise31 Posts: 53 Member
Ok sooooo I went back and forth with the idea of even posting my before picture. It makes sense to feel super embarrassed when its your before photo that motivates you to change in the first place. ( Still embarrassed :embarassed: ) lol

This is what I looked like Jan 30, 2011 squeezing myself into jeans that didn't fit at all to make my body appear that much worse on purpose. My stomach is a major trouble area so I figured if I had a photo that showed it at its worst when I lost weight I'de be able to see just how much fat has vanished from the area.

This is my current picture taken today April 14, 2011 IN THE SAME JEANS. I have lost a total of 13 pounds so far and have dropped 2 pants sizes. Today completes week 7 of the Power 90 program its the best EVERRRRR and the reason for such great results so far.

I just wanted to post these to show proof that sometimes the scale doesn't have to take a major dip in numbers in order for you to look better. So if you ever feel bad at times that you're not losing weight as quickly as you had hoped like I do at times; remember that its really not about numbers. Its about changing your body, so remember how you use to look and be happy about how you look today :heart: :happy:

Update: When I posted the b4 pic it was cut off because of the size but heres the link so you can view the full pic and the pic below just cut off oh well this is irritating me! haha
BeforePicture.jpg

BeforePicture.jpg

Current3April2011.jpg

Replies

• annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Nice! I agree, had the same thing happen to me last week. Put on some jeans that I knew just would not fit, and was surprised that they actually fit nicely!
  • melody6387
    Options
    :smile: Great Job!! I totally agree with you...
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I have to totally agree. I am feeling a little down lately because I have hit another plateau, but I decided to take pics today. I realized that I can see a difference in my waist over the past 2 weeks. The scale isn't showing a difference, but I am still losing inches (a plus). I can totally see a difference in you. Way to go!!! Keep it up.
  • KiDoJo88
    KiDoJo88 Posts: 10
    Options
    Good job! I think that's the best advice to give anyone: don't depend on the scale to measure progress!
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!! Great job! I feel better just reading this because I am going through things myself and I have most of my fat in my tummy area as well. Drives me crazy... I have dropped some sizes too but like you said the scale hasn't taken a huge dip in numbers. I can't wait til I am done with these last 25 lbs!!!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Huge difference....good for you....it took me awhile before i got the nerve up to post before pics...but it is refreshing to see the changes in our bodies :tongue:
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    nice!
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    way to go girlie!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    yes, huge difference, lools like a lot more than 13 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!