The Power of a Compliment

Options
I have been the gracious recipient of some compliments recently. Some very casual, some very deliberate. I can not tell you how they have filled my heart and soul with joy. They have made their way up to my brain and right now it is spinning faster than anything, imagining new opportunities and ways that I can follow some dreams that I didn't even know I had. So when you see someone who has made some positive changes in their life, step out and give that compliment . . .you never know what that may mean to that person.

Replies

• WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    That is wonderful that you have people in your life that care enough to take the time to compliment you. People in general are so quick to be and say negative things that it is great to hear some are being nice! Enjoy it and keep on keeping on and the compliments will keep coming.
  • bakersduzin
    bakersduzin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well said, and I wholeheartedly agree with you!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    *like* This is so true! Those that say words mean nothing and actions mean everything don't know the power of positive words!
  • marniehodges
    Options
    I LOVE this! It is so true. What may seem like such a little thing to say to somebody, it could totally change their day! Thanks for the reminder to always pay it forward! Have a wonderful day! :flowerforyou:
  • lvcsy1
    lvcsy1 Posts: 28
    Options
    That's soo crazy you posted this, I literally just got back from the gym and logged on to enter my excercise when I saw your post. Someone today told me I had strong and toned legs!! I literally could have cut a back flip and I dont even know how to!! lol
  • ddao
    ddao Posts: 17
    Options
    little words can have such positive outcomes especially when you're working really hard at it.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Absolutely...a positive word can turn a person's LIFE around! The old saying " sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me" is nothing but a lie...words cut to the soul! God bless the encouraging folks!!!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The things people write to me on here are so motivating, and they don't even know me! I love checking back into MFP to see people praising me for working out and staying under my calorie goal. It pushes me to eat well and work out more! You guys are great!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful that you have people in your life that care enough to take the time to compliment you. People in general are so quick to be and say negative things that it is great to hear some are being nice! Enjoy it and keep on keeping on and the compliments will keep coming.
    I agree
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Absolutely...a positive word can turn a person's LIFE around! The old saying " sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me" is nothing but a lie...words cut to the soul! God bless the encouraging folks!!!
    Love this
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Compliments are like ninja kicks to the negative! Hi Yah!!!!