anyone own a gazelle? the tony little glider..

Options
i was wondering if anyone has or used a tony little gazelle? i have one. used to use it a lot. havent for awhile. wondering how many calories this burns at say 30 minutes? it has no resistance but is pretty fun to use and good on your joints. there is no listing for this on the exercise adding page ? thanks

Replies

• phillytle
    phillytle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in the answer to this as well.
  • Alison_84
    Alison_84 Posts: 86
    Options
    A friend of mine has one and she logs it as Elliptical Trainer... not exactly the same thing but probably close?
  • fitmommy4life
    Options
    hmmm I have one but haven't used it in a long time. Mine has adjustable resistance though. I think I'd put it under elliptical, because its pretty close.
  • rascal21
    rascal21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use mine daily. I used my HRM to tell me what I was burning, as it depends on your weight and heart rate. I am at 203.5 lbs and in 45 minutes burn between 550 - 650 calories.
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I used to have one but there was absolutely no resistence on mine so I wasnt getting the workout I wanted but I am positive that it is not the smae as an elliptical. I now run on the elliptical and the workout is much more hard core. I would say count it as walking.
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hmm.... i'd say like walking too... not enough resistance for more....
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    I have one but haven't used it in a while either. It doesn't have the resistance and it was fun, but it's out in my garage. May have to pull it back out. I would use my HRM with it though, in order to calculate what I'm actually burning. It does depend on your weight and level of intensity while performing the exercise as well.
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    I used to have one but there was absolutely no resistence on mine so I wasnt getting the workout I wanted but I am positive that it is not the smae as an elliptical. I now run on the elliptical and the workout is much more hard core. I would say count it as walking.

I agree. I would calculate it as walking vs eliptical.
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    yeah no resistant part sucks but if you work hard enough you can break a sweat lol. i guess regardless it gets you moving which is always a good thing. yeah, i wouldnt put this one as eliptical as it is not difficult . hmmm. prob not too many cals i guess, but better than nothing. i wonder if it is classified as walking? at whatever pace you are going?
  • calequestrian
    calequestrian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

I use this site for all kinds of things. You will scroll down and you will see the Gazelle...
  • manda1028
    Options
    perfect. looks like i got my answer.
  • manda1028
    Options
    thank you for that fatburn site. its better at burning cals than i thought.
  • FifiLaPhue
    FifiLaPhue Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    On the "official Gazelle: site http://www.gazelleglider.com. it says that the calorie burn was equivalent to an elliptical, based on tests done .

"This lack of resistance is one of the major criticisms of the Gazelle. According to a calories-burned-by-activity calculator at FatBurn, however, the Gazelle burns a similar amount of calories as an elliptical used at the same pace."

Since I have a Gazelle, I am happy to hear that...the elliptical at my gym puts a lot of pressure on my bum knee, but the Gazelle is pretty easy to use without hurting all over.
  • FifiLaPhue
    FifiLaPhue Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great work giving us this additional tool. Thanks very much! Now I can use my Gazelle without feeling I am wasting my time.

Frankly though, I have started using it again these last few days, and I am FEELING the burn in my thighs, butt and waist. So even if no calories are burned to speak of, I know my body is getting toned
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this site! I am adding it to my bookmarks.